Ecoboost Owner Forums

Check your boost levels!!!

Your wife is slowing you down by a tenth or two ( depending on her weight)...

Yes, I told her that and she informed me that I was free to kiss her @ss and hold the stopwatch myself. I decided I need her more for the job than she needs me.

Seriously, these cars breeze by 60 so dang fast, it is difficult to yell "NOW" at exactly 60.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, late to the discussion here. But, what Bruce posted, is almost exactly what I would have posted for the MKS for magazines, stock 0 to 60, and my current 0 to 60 with the 4 + tune. My just stock was 5.18. With 4+, 4.47 seconds. As you know, I am a 0 to 60 time guy, versus 1/4 mile guy. I use both G Tech and Mycal to record times. 4.47 was recorded using a G-tech. Mycal and G tech are always within .05 seconds when run simultaneously side by side.

Bottom line, yeah, if you are consistently over 5.1 seconds using good gas and the 4 + tune, it appears that your car is not running at optimal performance. Now, we all know that some cars are simply faster or slower from the factory than others, but I suspect something else is affecting performance here for you.

Over in the duratec focus world, adaptive learning had to be turned off.

Left on over time, it would screw with and try to undo certain tuning aspects.

From what I have seen around here, it is left on.

Obviously it's a completely different car/pcm so there may or may not be an issue.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Good luck!

Good theory from GPFARREL. He thought I might be getting a tiny bit of creep just before launch which he suggested would cause the clock to start a bit early which would bump my times up. Since I'm sure I heard the brakes groan a bit just before launch I think his theory is a real good possibility. I'm going to put my depression on hold and redo my test. Wish I had a nice private road to do multiple tests without attracting unwanted attention. I have to operate in stealth mode and multiple full stop launches tends to draw attention. A retest is a much more pleasant outlook than flashing back to stock and doing diagnostic stuff. Fingers crossed!

Over in the duratec focus world, adaptive learning had to be turned off.

Left on over time, it would screw with and try to undo certain tuning aspects.

From what I have seen around here, it is left on.

Obviously it's a completely different car/pcm so there may or may not be an issue.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Good luck!

Well the car definitely learns. I actually hope they do leave it on. If my car is knocking or doing something else it isn't supposed to I am just fine if it pulls timing and/or boost to save the motor. That just means you need more mods. :) Every car is different unfortunately.

Larrylu, that is a real possibility - I hope gpfarrel is right. I have also noticed that it is very hard to stay completely motionless when you are on the brakes at 2000 RPM unless you pump them up pretty good first. The 2010-2012 models have more engine than they have brakes!

I hear ya on the need for a test track! I have a nice county blacktop a few miles from where I live that works pretty well but those places are getting fewer and further between.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I may have some leaking turbos. Installed mycal and Lms stage 4 and I'm only getting 11psi. Set it back to stock this morning and it is a steady 8 psi and spikes to 10 when it shifts gears. I will check the turbos tomorrow. Are they fairly easy to spot leaking?

I think I may have some leaking turbos. Installed mycal and Lms stage 4 and I'm only getting 11psi. Set it back to stock this morning and it is a steady 8 psi and spikes to 10 when it shifts gears. I will check the turbos tomorrow. Are they fairly easy to spot leaking?

For me it's not an easy thing. My dealer checked for an oil leak which was negative. If there is leakage of boost it makes sense to me there would be an accompanying vacuum leak. I don't see any evidence of a vacuum leak. As far as underperforming turbos, it seems quite a few of us are reporting very similar numbers to yours. My car seems to run great. Stock my boost peaks at just under 10 lbs. With 4+ my boost peaks at just under 12lbs. I'm coming to accept that my boost is probably where it is supposed to be. I'm not 100% sure of anything but since it's my DD and I'm probably not going to the track, I'm not going to worry about it any more. If I get the chance to put it on a dyno I will just to get something definitive.