Ecoboost Owner Forums

Why did you get a SHO?

That's a great idea' date=' but won't work in our house, wife only has a vague idea of what she wants in a vehicle, and I get to narrow down her choices simply because I know more about vehicles then she does. Right now she is leaning towards a truck for her next vehicle, but she is undecided, she likes her Explorer, but does not want a new one, because it doesn't have enough towing capacity and is now unibody construction instead of being built on a frame. But I think I will still end up with a Shelby once son is out of college and she has her new vehicle. It will be the best of both worlds, because I'll keep the SHO and add the Shelby. (Hopefully).[/quote']

The point is more than mine doesn't get to veto a car I want :D

The SHO is my wifes car. She had 3 Maximas (2007, 2007, 2009) and loved them. After the 2nd child we needed more room so we bought a loaded 2011 Venza. I hated the Venza since day 2. I liked the way the Venza looked, but hated the Toyota handling. I found myself racking up miles on my F350 because I hated driving the Venza. I traded the Venza on a 2013 SHO 7 months after I bought it. I am very happy after 1 month.

Like BIGFOOT, my wife was looking for something luxury. We looked at several of the German brands. We already had a small SUV and large SUV, so we could get away with a 4 door large sedan with 3 kids. After pricing and driving several German brands, I recommended to my wife we go back to the Ford dealer and price out the nicest vehicle she would want with all the options that we would both agree on. I really wasn't impressed or satisfied with the German brands under $80K. They were nice, but for the price, I felt we could do better. So we went back to Ford and looked at what we could do with less money. We actually were thinking an Explorer at first, but she loved the Taurus. She agreed that it would save a lot of money compared to the luxury German cars we were thinking about, plus maintenance costs were a BIG factor since we tend to keep our vehicles for a long time.

After she agreed she wanted a Taurus, I convinced her to order an SHO even though she didn't test one (then add the PP). This way, we were both happy!

• 3 years later...

I was looking online for a new car and saw a 2013 twin turbo sho for $20,000 was like woa what is this shos are back! Found out it had awd and the trunk was BIG. Was going on vacation so I went to fords web site to see how things are changing in 2015 heated cooled seats what?! So had to test drive a 2015 with pp the seats where amazing never did figure out how to turn off stability so was kinda turned off. Also the wife said we needed to buy a house first. We almost bought a house but our relator was a dick trying to make a sale both bumed and tired of driving a front wheel car in the winter wife said it was OK to order my car so we did will be here beginning of may 2016!