Ecoboost Owner Forums

Forced Modifications (Completed 06/05/13).....

Powder coater finished up with the mesh screens the other day......

Turned out even better than I had imagined and/or expected.

I asked about what his observations were when he got them completely stripped down to the bare metal, and whether or not they appeared to have been primed the 1st time around and he informed me that it did not appear to him that these were primed from the get go.

Which, if that is/was true, that would explain why I kept experiencing periodic, and repeated rusting issues.

Eh, either way, they're good to go now......

Here's a couple of images of them for now. I don't plan on re-installing them until the remainder of the parts I'm having painted are completed.

So these'll just sit on my work bench, collecting dust so to speak, until then......

DSC_0147_zps225e4497.jpg

DSC_0148_zps4844a637.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsd7006fe8.jpg

Slow progress mind you, but progress nonetheless :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finished up with all of my off site training that my employer placed me through..... an found enough time today while playing catch up with various crap that was pushed aside the last 2 weeks while I was gone, to make a pit stop over at my body shop to check on the progress of my parts.

Looks like the new front bumper clip has been completely painted and is now collecting dust curing, only to await the 3M Clear Bra Paint Protection Film.....

2013-04-30_10-59-59_273_zps0e9b4671.jpg

I also happen to catch the painter in the spray booth, with all of my lower side rocker panels, and rear valance in the paint booth, get'n ready to spray the individual pieces with the black gloss.......

2013-04-30_10-49-57_185_zpse34b9f0f.jpg

So a little bit of progress, but progress nonetheless.

I also reinstalled my upper & lower mesh screens that were re-powder coated.

So I am happy that things are coming along. I have a target date of the 2nd week in June to be done with all of this crap, and have it all re-installed onto the car, as I was invited to attend the 2013 DUB Chicago National Car Show, being held June 22nd, 2013 @ McCormick Place in Chicago,IL.

So the clock's a ticking and I will continue keeping the community updated.

Also, found out my completely custom, one off, hand built intake system is nearly ready to ship.......

So, I'm kind of stoked about that too, and need to get those intake tubes over to the painter as well for painting and finishing.

Well, it's finally official. :eyebrows:

As of today, 05/01/13....... ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN PAINTED! :target:

2013-05-01_12-53-09_577_zps13d75e7f.jpg

2013-05-01_12-52-27_669_zpsff0d22d9.jpg

2013-05-01_12-52-15_390_zps6c696ecb.jpg

So now the countdown begins, as I've been told I have to wait a full 30 days in order for the paint to cure, and the solvents to release properly before I can have the next part of the process completed, which is the application of the 3M Clear Bra Paint Protection Film.

So as of today, I am angling for the 2nd week in June for everything to be completed in it's entirety, and my SHO to be siting even more glamorous than before.

So now the countdown begins, as I've been told I have to wait a full 30 days in order for the paint to cure, and the solvents to release properly before I can have the next part of the process completed, which is the application of the 3M Clear Bra Paint Protection Film.

So as of today, I am angling for the 2nd week in June for everything to be completed in it's entirety, and my SHO to be siting even more glamorous than before.

Very cool Mike! I know it will be a very long 30 days, but I am sure the end results will have been worth the wait.

I can't wait to see this! Do we really have to wait over a month??? :)

Sorry to here about the car, just glad it wasn't something bigger like a dear. Curious usually animals hits don't effect your insurance, but I guess since your on there "naughty" list, better safe than sorry. I love the jack, are they air springs for semi's. I might have to think about something like that here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the countdown continues.....

Made a trip to BOTH the body shop this morning, as well as to the place the shop farms out the 3M Clear Bra to, and firmed up the schedule as it relates to finalizing this project.

Painted parts are being reviewed this week, and final buffing etc. will take place.

Then the parts will be getting carted over to the place where the 3M material gets applied, during the last week of May. That work will be done that week, and the parts returned to the body shop the following week (or the 1st week of June).

We are tentatively scheduled for ALL work to be completed, and ALL parts to be reinstalled the 1st week of June!

So my degree(s) of excitement continue to grow as this gets closer and closer to being done.......... super stoked :tea:

Body shop confirmed today that all of my parts will be heading over to the sub-contractor who applies the 3M Clear Guard / Clear Bra material on March 28th, 2013.

Therefore, it's look'n like things are still on track for re-install that 1st week of June.

Keep'n my fingers crossed. :nod:

OK Mike...we've waited patiently for the photos of the finished car. As awesome as the pieces look painted, we are all waiting to see them on the car. Hopefully your time table was correct and they are now on the car or will be very soon. Looking forward to the car looking even more awesome then it was before the run-in with the raccoon. Please tell us the car is back together and looking better then ever. Lots of photos PLEASE!

Been a bear of week, a portion of which, included the secondary vendor who's been contracted to perform the 3M Paint Protection Film Application, partially dropping the ball.

I've been on their ass for lack of better terms, and the latest is that they'll have all the pieces (minus the new, entire front bumper clip) done, and pieces returned to the body shop this Monday, June 3rd, 2013.

I have a tentative appointment scheduled with my body shop for re-install of everything, the following day, Tuesday June 4th, 2013.

Apparently, due to the sheer size of the front bumper clip, the secondary vendor does NOT want to install the 3M material, until the new bumper cover is actually installed onto the car itself.

This will require me garaging the car overnight Tuesday and not driving it anywhere (in order to avoid any stone chips etc) and then I have an appointment Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 to finalize that aspect of the job.

So, I'm still on schedule so to speak, but between my own schedule, and that of two separate shops, it's been a near logistical nightmare trying to keep everybody on board as it relates deadlines, etc.

Pics will certainly be going up, once I get them captured. :thumb:

crash712us.... yes it kind of sucks (having to stay on the secondary shop's ass) but I'm a stickler, so the sh!t will be done, or I'm heading to the station to grab some extra TASER cartridges. Hahahahaha....... but yes, apparently what I was told (and I kind of understand it since I used to be in the sign shop / vinyl business) they need the entire front bumper clip installed (prior to applying the 3M paint protection film) simply because of it's sheer size, in relation to draping the film across the entire piece.

When they go to rub it down, and or burnish it across the various angled/curved surfaces, they require some degree of resistive force, which can only be achieved by having it mounted to the car obviously.

To have it laying loose, they wouldn't be able to accomplish it's install not only properly, but as they desire to do so.

The smaller pieces (like the rocker panel pieces, the front chin spoiler, and only portions of the rear valance) can be weighted down, or held in place, so I get it.

Either way, important thing here is, is that I am still on schedule as originally planned weeks/months ago. So in the end, it's all good my friend.

DJE624....... Yes, Tuesday and Wednesday will both be big days for us.

I look forward to meeting up with you, and Tuesday would've worked out, until a portion of my comp time got cancelled.

But alas, no worries, since we're both busy obviously with car mods of our own, we'll make it work when things free up for us.

I look forward to it! :thumb:

Took off early from work this morning (around 2am) came home, and tore off the front bumper cover. Sunday I removed both front wheel liners, the LED markers, and the LED surrounds from the front bumper cover as well.

Get'n ready to head to the shop here shortly. Here's a couple of "PRE-INSTALL" pics........ I'll try to post up more later. We'll see if time allows for it as I have to work again tonight.

Rock'n less than 3hrs of sleep at the moment! Gotta love it!!!!

DSC_0027_zpsd6debc5b.jpg

DSC_0025_zps656cad3f.jpg

DSC_0026_zps35a0a361.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsa7f238a2.jpg

Great photos, Mike...she sure does look gruesome with the front end and missing parts. Good luck with the install and hope you manage to grab a few hours of sleep before heading back to work! Looking forward to seeing her all back together with the new look.

Well, install went longer than I anticipated, partly due to having to customize the replacement chin spoiler piece as it turned out to be literally, and nearly, 2" too long (therefore an approx. 1" back gap on either ending side, where it wraps around, and into either front fender well.

But anyhow, looks really good. Even better in person. Pictures kind of tell the story, but like I said, even better in person.

I'm on Day 2 of rocking very, very little sleep. I worked again last night, took off early once again (at 2AM) came home, plop'd onto the couch, & am up once more, this time to head over to the secondary vendor who's finishing up wrapping the entire front bumper cover in/with the remainder of the 3M Clear Guard Paint Protection Film.

HUGE thanks goes out to all of the boys/girls over at Advent Auto Body (Joliet, IL.) for completing yet another aspect of my overall vision for my SHO. Top Notch service, and just an incredible bunch of talented people over there.

I'll post up a couple of quick pics I took yesterday when leaving their facility, and then post up the link to the album (both primary and sub albums) where y'all can view the rest of the nonsense if you choose to......

Enjoy!

Mike :yo:

DSC_0042_zps610b0ca8.jpg

DSC_0046_zpsc3b1dcb5.jpg

DSC_0044_zps53180019.jpg

DSC_0048_zps7ab618a2.jpg

DSC_0047_zps7d15c88b.jpg

DSC_0043_zps542f05f2.jpg

DSC_0051_zpsda24a329.jpg

DSC_0050_zps725bad7d.jpg

Link to the primary album for this latest mod is here --------> http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/library/Chin%20Spoiler%20and%20Painted%20Rockers?sort=3&page=1

Link to the sub album, with completion pics here -------> http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/library/Chin%20Spoiler%20and%20Painted%20Rockers/Completed%20Post%20Install%20Pics?sort=3&page=1

Holy Moly (a phrase I don't use much as it is reserved for those times when I am so stunned I can't even curse!!!) it was worth the wait. Hope you get some rest and sleep since it's a work day...but dang it is amazing how much the gloss black just makes your car even more stunning! Excellent idea and great result. Still I am loving that front spoiler...and once again you have topped yourself. Looks really great!