Ecoboost Owner Forums

Exhuast mayhem

I looked at Stainless Works and they don't have anything for the SHO. I also talked to my mate and I'm really considering dropping some bills on the Hennessey 445 MaxBoost kit.

Stainless Works is using my car to mock up an entire setup. It will be out this summer!

Including downpipes?

For comparison purposes only, draw your own conclusions;

I had Livernois do all my work for 5K out the door (downpipes, corsa, CAI, 170 deg thermostat, H&R springs and dyno-tune) and car dyno'd at 365 HP and 407 tq at the wheels. Car runs 12.8's at 60 degrees all day, I have the slips.

The Max-Boost kit is listed at $4,500, no springs, is that with labor/installation?. 445 BHP is believable, and if you believe it has 445 BHP then 12'8s they list would be doable in my estimation.

$2,300 they have listed for the CAI alone just blows my mind and FWIW as it has already been said, no known tune related engine failures.

The general feeling is that Hennessey is way too expensive for the performance and they have not proven to be reliable. Livernois has not had one failure due to their tunes and the do work very closely with Ford. I believe you will find the majority of people here that have Livernois tunes or products are more then pleased with both performance and customer service. I know they are top notch in my book.
Here what other forum have to say about Hennessey co. http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=119454 It is not good.

I looked at Stainless Works and they don't have anything for the SHO. I also talked to my mate and I'm really considering dropping some bills on the Hennessey 445 MaxBoost kit.
Stainless Works is using my car to mock up an entire setup. It will be out this summer!

I'm going with Magnaflow X-pipe($65 at Advance Auto w/promotion code DOW9) and have a local shop to ben 2.5" pipe for me. I'll be finding out how much tomorrow.

$250 to bend 2.5" tube from the x-pipe back over the axle.

For comparison purposes only, draw your own conclusions;

I had Livernois do all my work for 5K out the door (downpipes, corsa, CAI, 170 deg thermostat, H&R springs and dyno-tune) and car dyno'd at 365 HP and 407 tq at the wheels. Car runs 12.8's at 60 degrees all day, I have the slips.

The Max-Boost kit is listed at $4,500, no springs, is that with labor/installation?. 445 BHP is believable, and if you believe it has 445 BHP then 12'8s they list would be doable in my estimation.

$2,300 they have listed for the CAI alone just blows my mind and FWIW as it has already been said, no known tune related engine failures.

2 comments (1) I have LMS4+, airaid CAI,dynomax muffler and it dyno at 297hp so the downpipe and corsa are making 65hp? WOW!!!!!!!! (2) Here what other forums think of Hennessy http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=119454

Yes, including downpipes. They will offer a full setup or catbacks.

• 2 weeks later...