Ecoboost Owner Forums

SHO'random-ness

I'm on the 3rd tank now; running 93 Ultra -- first tank net me 17.1mpg and the second one the same 17.1mpg; car has less than 900 miles and hopefully it will get better. I run 2 days a week for 102 miles round trip, and 3 days at around 65 miles round trip. I was hoping to hit somewhere around 20mpg, but hell if it doesn't budge off 17.1 then so be it. I am playing with the throttle a bit; having a little fun. It's not a WOT every day if you know what I mean.

I have never been pleased with the mileage I get using Sunoco fuels, it is always lower then almost any other gas in the area. So I am not surprised that you are not seeing better mileage. I've been seeing my best mileage with BP and also with Valero lately. I also don't get great results from Sheetz fuel...my cars just don't run well on it.

These tanks have been Giant fuel so far -- not sure who provides it.

There are no Valero's near me; and the cost at BP in West Chester is stupid. It's like 4.30 or something a gallon--in fact every BP I've ever seen here is stupidly expensive. I'll pay 3.90 gallon but I'm not paying over 4.00 for something. Fuel is not that "different" to warrant a near 50 cent increase.

Yeah, sounds like my area -- I spend more time in traffic than anything. My 60 mile commute to Wilmington Delaware is literally 30 miles with stop light after stop light--worse drive in the world.

I figure 18mpg will suffice--I knew this car wasn't my Focus at 29mpg period LOL. I didn't buy it for that.

I have only ran 93 octane in my 2013 SHO with PP and I've noticed two bumps in mileage over the first 11k miles...I switched to all-season tires and saw close to a 1mpg increase and I added a K&N drop-in filter and noticed a small mpg increase. I'm currently averaging 19.1 to 19.3mpg with about 70% highway / 30% city and a decent amount of "spirited driving". On a road 600-mile road trip I think I averaged right around 23.1mpg.

I drove up to Central NJ to Atlantic City and back home again over a 24 hour period this past Saturday/Sunday and I got about 22 MPG with about 3200 Miles on my car using the cruise for about 90% of the drive. I have a '13 with the PP.

I get about 20 around town, so I'm kinda surprised at the lowish highway numbers with the car so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2010 has netted 18.9 MPG on the first tank, 17.5 on the second, 25.9 on the third (80% highway) and my last one was 16.6 using the paddle shifters and driving like a douche. Overall better than my stage 1 WRX which would normally net 17.2 average, but never got over 19. I feel it is pretty damn impressive for an AWD 4300lb car with so much power.