Ecoboost Owner Forums

Anybody notice the 2014 Corolla copied the SHO's PP rims?

Wow...what a surprise, the Japanese copying America technology! Look at Kia, the Koreans are doing it, and I tell the story about years ago at the National Scuba Manufacturers Convention, a bunch of Japanese guys would give all the America companies new products a look over, discuss it in Japanese.....Surprise, next year they are into manufacturing scuba equipment that are knock-offs of the American gear, but priced lower....foreign companies have been stealing American technology for years...

Wow...what a surprise, the Japanese copying America technology! Look at Kia, the Koreans are doing it, and I tell the story about years ago at the National Scuba Manufacturers Convention, a bunch of Japanese guys would give all the America companies new products a look over, discuss it in Japanese.....Surprise, next year they are into manufacturing scuba equipment that are knock-offs of the American gear, but priced lower....foreign companies have been stealing American technology for years...
You know that Ford own like 40% of Kia so the EcoBoost tech in the KIA's is Ford design not copy. If HYUNDAI had not out bid FORD KIA would been 100% own by ford.

Ford hasn't owned Kia in a LONG Time....it lost control of it way before they started introducing Ecoboost engines. From what I understand, the Ecoboost tech was developed partly by Bosch...