Ecoboost Owner Forums

Water dripping in passenger footwell

Have water coming into the front passenger footwell, dripping down onto the upper portion of the floormat and puddling on the WeatherTechs.

Really heavy downpour and car sitting in p/lot and not moving. Not noticed this b4 but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

No drips while driving home.

Are there any TSB's or recalls concerning this problem?

TNX

Colin.

How high was the water in the parking lot? The vent tubes may be clogged.

Thanks SHOdded, Not that high -- only half inch or so -- no buildup of water but very heavy downpour. As you say there are vent tubes around the cowling that may be clogged -- I've have to see if it passes and maybe get Ford to look at it.

Something else strange happened too during the ride home: the Collision Warning stopped working (displayed that message) and when I tried the cruise control It also was not working (also displayed) -- Wondering if heavy rain negates those functions or not.

No other issues that I could detect. -- heavy rains on the way home ..

C.

Do you have adaptable cruise? I've had mine stop working with an error while it was snowing. I presume the radar couldn't get a lock on anything.

I do have the radar cruise and wondered if the heavy rain would not allow usage. -- or block its 'vision'....

Do you have adaptable cruise? I've had mine stop working with an error while it was snowing. I presume the radar couldn't get a lock on anything.

yes to adaptive cruise. Good to know -- thanks. I expect in severe weather the computers don't allow normal usage of systems.

I did the garden hose deal while in the driveway tosee if any leakage but none -- couldn't replcate.

Going out again and still rainging tho not so hard -- will see what happens next trip.

Colin.

Colin, I've had mine quite working and display the message, but I believe that is just the rain...I've also had it happen the one time I had the car out when it was freezing weather and the snow built up on the ACC cover. As far as the leak, also make sure you aren't getting a leak from the drains in the sunroof. Good luck...keep us updated.

Colin' date=' I've had mine quite working and display the message, but I believe that is just the rain...I've also had it happen the one time I had the car out when it was freezing weather and the snow built up on the ACC cover. As far as the leak, also make sure you aren't getting a leak from the drains in the sunroof. Good luck...keep us updated.[/quote']

Hey Mark -- yes those drains from the roof could be a problem too -- I know they drain out right below where I'm talking about in the car so in the same neighbourhood......

Makes sense that the ACC will stop working if it can't 'see'........

No more recurrence in my followup run but then it wasn't raining that badly -- I'll have to watch it and keep a roll of paper towels handy ----- I hate getting moisture in the car -- I'm so careful to avoid it all year round.

Bout time I called ya ----- On the horn now.

C.

Do you mean that you can switch to normal cruise control and not ACC in the '13 or just turn it off? I can turn off the ACC in my car but not switch to a normal cruise mode.

Hmm -- sounds like ACC can be turned off on newer SHO's and have just normal cruise left on. I had that on my Lexus ISF but not on my '11. -- I only have ACC or nothing.

C.

There is a tsb. I had a similar problem with my Limited. They had to install some type of rain hat. I can't remember the details but it was up under the windshield.

What ever happened to the water dripping in foot well?

What? oh yeah -- water...... Um it stopped.........and I've had the cabin filter out and checked that to make sure it wasn't plugged........

No more dripping so far -- it was probably the deluge we had that day -- It was unusually heavy.

C.