Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ordered a 2013 SHO

Livernois Motorsports

Rick,

Wasn't it the tranny that was the biggest headache in getting tuned? Since our engines/drivetrain are a bit different,..Ford would only make it more difficult simply to keep tuners from modding their cars. Since your Ford Engineer buddies know you custom tune these vehicles, I would assume they would at least tell you if the 2013 EB car engines have new ECM's. Hope there are no nasty surprises, as I already have 35K on my Brick, and likely will get a different one within 2 years.

Rick,

Wasn't it the tranny that was the biggest headache in getting tuned? Since our engines/drivetrain are a bit different,..Ford would only make it more difficult simply to keep tuners from modding their cars. Since your Ford Engineer buddies know you custom tune these vehicles, I would assume they would at least tell you if the 2013 EB car engines have new ECM's. Hope there are no nasty surprises, as I already have 35K on my Brick, and likely will get a different one within 2 years.

We were unable to flash the engine or trans in the F150 until this week. To my knowledge, no one else has flashed the trans yet. As you could probably see from my video, it makes a huge difference.

-Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I can get used to those wheels but overall the car looks awesome in black...it looks angry!! I like the fact that they took out a lot of the chrome off the front facia. I now know what I want in a year or so.

Rick - when you get the car, please post some pictures of the rear as well. Did you get the PP with it?

Archived