Ecoboost Owner Forums

2015 Taurus Revamp - Delay or Buy now?

I read Taurus 2015 coming out next summer to fall is revamped entirely and based on extended fusion platform. I'd guess that is believable seeing as MKZ 2013 is based on fusion. Question is wait for a SHO to appear or buy a 2014????? But rent model has a lot to offer for money especially as I'm APlan and there is$4500 rebate. However if this is end of SHO run in current style then incentives could get better as Winter approaches. Yes I'm cheap! Does anyone have more info on SHO potential for next year or is Ford likely to wait for Taurus redesign to launch and follow with SHO sometime later. Maybe a 2016 model? So many questions. Ah.

You are correct, Ford is revamping the taurus for 2015. And also moving its assembly to another plant, Flatrock assembly. I work there I have seen nor heard anything for the taurus as of yet. We just complete job 1 for the fusion last week, and the wheels are in motion for the launch of the 2015 mustang. Which I am not even sure exactly when thats suppose to happen, but I have seen parts of the new body. As for the Taurus I've there may not be a SHO for 2015, but I can't see the logic in that. Ford has put a lot in to the EcoBoost engine to stop using, but doesn't mean they won't but just not under a SHO badge.

You are correct, Ford is revamping the taurus for 2015. And also moving its assembly to another plant, Flatrock assembly. I work there I have seen nor heard anything for the taurus as of yet. We just complete job 1 for the fusion last week, and the wheels are in motion for the launch of the 2015 mustang. Which I am not even sure exactly when thats suppose to happen, but I have seen parts of the new body. As for the Taurus I've there may not be a SHO for 2015, but I can't see the logic in that. Ford has put a lot in to the EcoBoost engine to stop using, but doesn't mean they won't but just not under a SHO badge.
Thanks Crash. I guess I wait until next year and see what's what. I hate to buy a last model year especially if next version has much better fuel economy.

If you're concerned about fuel economy why a SHO? Why not get a Fusion Hybrid? I've never really understood worrying a lot about fuel economy with a performance car. And I am routinely seeing 24-25 mpg with my tuned SHO in normal driving, which I think is great. Even when driving aggressively this car still will get 18-20 mpg.

If you're concerned about fuel economy why a SHO? Why not get a Fusion Hybrid? I've never really understood worrying a lot about fuel economy with a performance car. And I am routinely seeing 24-25 mpg with my tuned SHO in normal driving, which I think is great. Even when driving aggressively this car still will get 18-20 mpg.
Guess I don't care really as ecoboost does good even on hard driving as you say. I just wonder what's around the corner. A hybrid SHO. Ha. Tesla for the masses probably a few years or more. Seriously I was more wondering about the SHO future performance and style. Current SHO is nice but some of Fords future cars look amazing