Ecoboost Owner Forums

Finally posting pics..

I figured I would finally post pics on the forum..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]154[/ATTACH]

Thanks Chris for the Guage Pod..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]155[/ATTACH]

LED Driving Lights

[ATTACH=CONFIG]156[/ATTACH]

Embroidered Headrest

[ATTACH=CONFIG]157[/ATTACH]

Hood Stripes

Thanks Chris for the Guage Pod...

post-44-142532292421_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292424_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292428_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292431_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292688_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292693_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292697_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]155[/ATTACH]

LED Driving Lights

Wow.... those def set off the heads. VERY NICE!

I also would really be interested in learning how you did those, where you got them from, costs, etc.

I envision a "how-to" from you (time permitting)....

At the very least please shoot me a PM with the details. I would really really appreciate it!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Wow.... those def set off the heads. VERY NICE!

I also would really be interested in learning how you did those, where you got them from, costs, etc.

I envision a "how-to" from you (time permitting)....

At the very least please shoot me a PM with the details. I would really really appreciate it!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I will attempt to write up a how to this weekend with a list of supplies and cost

I will attempt to write up a how to this weekend with a list of supplies and cost.

Take your time, make it good, as I'd like to "sticky" it along with the other "how-to's" so you can live on in EB infamy :thumb:

I'm imagining you tied it into the power lead(s) for the parking lights yea?

Is that merely an LED strip placed on the outer edge of the bottom of the assembly?

I can't tell if you may have slightly pushed down on the bumper clip itself to "sandwich" into that slight gap 'tween the bottom of the head assembly where it meets the top edge of the bumper clip?

I would suggest taking some pics of the LED'S off so this is more discernable. A few different angles to would be appreciated by all potential viewers I'm imagining.....

As you can tell, I am very interested in doing this mod. I see those damn newer Audi's, Mercedes's, and now even some Chrysler variants (with the hella bright LED strips)..... just makes me a lil jealous.

Our LED markers are ok, but not nearly as bright as other mfg'ers i've seen out there..... and you've seemed to have resolved that with this GREAT mod!

So I look forward to your write up with much enthusiasm indeed! :target:

I'm imagining you tied it into the power lead(s) for the parking lights yea? Yes, I used a fuse tap into the delayed power so they would stay on after the car was turned off. Then turn off when the rest of the lights turn off. They also stay on as DRL.

Is that merely an LED strip placed on the outer edge of the bottom of the assembly? No, it is a waterproof LED strip from oznium. LED (http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips) is completely encased in clear silicone. They had others but they were black or white and I thought the clear would be better on silver car. Plus the fill that annoying gap that I hated quite nicely

I can't tell if you may have slightly pushed down on the bumper clip itself to "sandwich" into that slight gap 'tween the bottom of the head assembly where it meets the top edge of the bumper clip? Yes, I pushed them into the gap so they were flush with the lense of the headlight. In some spots it was a tight fit in others I had to use automotive tape

I would suggest taking some pics of the LED'S off so this is more discernable. A few different angles to would be appreciated by all potential viewers I'm imagining.....I will start this weekend

As you can tell, I am very interested in doing this mod. I see those damn newer Audi's, Mercedes's, and now even some Chrysler variants (with the hella bright LED strips)..... just makes me a lil jealous. I hear ya, get a lot of compliments. I wasn't sure when I did the mod if it would look to rice burnerish

I am also modifying the side Taurus marker to have light blue back lighting. Will have this mod completed this weekend. All I have to do I wire it up to power.. Will post photos upon completion.

LED Accent Lighting

Mike,

Here is an abreviated "HOW TO" for the LED accent lighting I put under my headlights.

PARTS:

a) 19" LED Waterproof Lighting. ordered from Oznium.com (http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips)

B) Bussmann ATM fuse tap (#BP/HHH)

c) Extra Wire (I used 16 guage)

d) Waterpoof male/female wire connectors

e) 3m automotive double sided tape

1. Test the LED by using a 9 volt battery to find out which wire on the LED strip is the negitive/positive. The LED light strips are low wattage 12 volt system and will light up using standard batteries.

2. remove the plastic shield in top of the engine compartment

3. insert the LED lights into the gap between the headlight and the front bumper. it should be a a tight fit, if not utilize the 3m double sided tape to secure in, I only used the tape where the LED light was loose. as you press the lights into the gap you will find a spot in the middle tha the lights will not fit (about 1-1/2" in legnth) you will need to trim the silicone with an exacto knife to slim the depth of the strip. otherwise the strip will stick out slightly and not sit flush with the headlight.

4. run both sets of wires to the fuse box under the hood. you will utilize the fuse #38 (delayed Accessory). you will need to combine bothe sets of wires to a male end of the waterproof connector or you wan just wrap them together and use eletical tape to cover.

5. Pull fuse (#38) and insert fuse into fuse tap (you should have two (2) 5 amp fuses into the fuse tap. attach the positive wires to the pigtail on the fuse tap with either the waterpoof connectors or cutting the connector off the fuse tap and wrapping the positive wires together with electrical tape.

6. connect negitive wires to fender bolt.

7 test lights by turning engine on.

8. replace plastic cover and fuse box cover

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180[/ATTACH]

post-44-142532286352_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286356_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286359_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286362_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286366_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286369_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286352_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286356_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286359_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286362_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286366_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532286369_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Here is an abreviated "HOW TO" for the LED accent lighting I put under my headlights.

PARTS:

a) 19" LED Waterproof Lighting. ordered from Oznium.com (http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips)

B) Bussmann ATM fuse tap (#BP/HHH)

c) Extra Wire (I used 16 guage)

d) Waterpoof male/female wire connectors

e) 3m automotive double sided tape

1. Test the LED by using a 9 volt battery to find out which wire on the LED strip is the negitive/positive. The LED light strips are low wattage 12 volt system and will light up using standard batteries.

2. remove the plastic shield in top of the engine compartment

3. insert the LED lights into the gap between the headlight and the front bumper. it should be a a tight fit, if not utilize the 3m double sided tape to secure in, I only used the tape where the LED light was loose. as you press the lights into the gap you will find a spot in the middle tha the lights will not fit (about 1-1/2" in legnth) you will need to trim the silicone with an exacto knife to slim the depth of the strip. otherwise the strip will stick out slightly and not sit flush with the headlight.

4. run both sets of wires to the fuse box under the hood. you will utilize the fuse #38 (delayed Accessory). you will need to combine bothe sets of wires to a male end of the waterproof connector or you wan just wrap them together and use eletical tape to cover.

5. Pull fuse (#38) and insert fuse into fuse tap (you should have two (2) 5 amp fuses into the fuse tap. attach the positive wires to the pigtail on the fuse tap with either the waterpoof connectors or cutting the connector off the fuse tap and wrapping the positive wires together with electrical tape.

6. connect negitive wires to fender bolt.

7 test lights by turning engine on.

8. replace plastic cover and fuse box cover

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180[/ATTACH]

Great info, thanks for posting :thumb:

I had already installed Blue LED in the grill to match the modified fender vents that I have just completed but not installed. As with the headlight accent I installed, the grill accent lighting is a definite eye catcher but again wasn't sure if it started to look to ricer ( teeneyboperish) I will post a pic of the grille when I find it, to get everyone's opinion. I used four(4) waterproof LEDs that were 1/4" square and threw off a lot of light. The had automotive tape on them so they could be placed anywhere.

I hope to install the LED fender mod on the car this weekend and post pics.

I had already installed Blue LED in the grill to match the modified fender vents that I have just completed but not installed. As with the headlight accent I installed, the grill accent lighting is a definite eye catcher but again wasn't sure if it started to look to ricer ( teeneyboperish) I will post a pic of the grille when I find it, to get everyone's opinion. I used four(4) waterproof LEDs that were 1/4" square and threw off a lot of light. The had automotive tape on them so they could be placed anywhere.

I hope to install the LED fender mod on the car this weekend and post pics.

Cant wait to see SHO-MAN.... are you using LED's from oznium??? if so, are you gonna hookup to the same fuse that u did with the headlight led's?? Which ones did u buy for the grill?? I ordered a pair of the oznium Side emitting headlight led's yesterday (2ft) gonna install this weekend...

Yes I used the Oznium LEDs. For the grille/side vents accent lighting I used the Marine grade per-wired surface mount LEDs. As for hookup I will have the side vents come on when parking lights are on. The grille (when it was hooked up) also came on when parking lights were on. I think I will change this, I will more than likely put the grille accent lighting on a separate switch so it can be turned off during normal driving.

Archived