Ecoboost Owner Forums

Want to tune my SHO.

mac99br

Ok so i bought a used mycal i called lms paid $250 to reset it they told me to add the file to the sd card Ok there is a transfer folder already in the sd card with a file already in there.I just have no idea how to put the file they sent me in the sd card.There is only two options download or show in drive. when i download its says windows cant open this file is there a program i need to open it i tried everything.how do i put the new license in the sd card.

I would call Livernois and ask them. I know you can't open the tune files, since they are kept secret. You shouldn't have to open them to download them into the tuner. I had the same problem and when I talked to Livernois, they walked me through the whole process of getting the tune into the tuner, I'm sure they will help you. Sorry, that I can't be more help, but I'm not very good at computer stuff, so I can't be much help.

You cannot open the file 1st of all. 2nd, there should be an additional folder labeled "custom tunes" (on the SD Card). You'll want to place your downloaded file into that folder. To do that, right click on the file (from the email LMS sent you) then Click on "Save As" and save it to your desktop. Insert the SD Card into your laptop/notebook. From the Desktop, right click on the downloaded file and then select "Send To". From there, send it to the SD Card. Open up the SD Card folder and then left click (& drag) on the tune file you just sent and move it into the "Custom Files" folder. Wallah! Done! Eject the SD Card (safely) from your notebook/laptop. Be sure to make note of the file name, as when you reinstall the SD Card into the MyCal device, upon selecting & "load tune" the device will bring you to w/e custom files you have available to you (i.e. your new tune file) then select it & follow the prompts. That should get you through. If it doesn't, then place a call to LMS for a more thorough walk through.

Well I finally got my tunes in.I loaded the 4+x first with just the 3bar sensor because I'm waiting for my thermostat just took it for a quick run O MY GOD I'm scared of my car as of now lol.So i took it back home and put the 4+ with the 3bar on it till i get my thermostat in. but I got to say both tunes blew my mind away you guys were right best bang and I do mean bang for your buck.My next step is getting some down pipes and better brakes. I would also like to thank Anthony and the lms crew they are awesome.