Ecoboost Owner Forums

$4.05 !!!!!

SHO-MAN

Our 87 octane went from $3.52 on Monday to $3.77 on Wednesday! Lucky I was able to top off last night with 93 octane for $3.97, but it's only because it is the one station in our area that only upcharges 10 cents for 89 and another dime for premium. All other stations are charging $3.99 to $4.07 for premium.

Wholly sheeeeeet' date=' what island are you living on $6.00 (premium) is what we are expecting to by the start of summer[/quote']

The island of Canada......:yo:

Our premium gas is about $1.50 (higher in some areas) per liter right now which equates to just under $6 for your size gallon.(3.78 liters).

Imagine how p'd off we are.:mad2:

C.

I am enjoying a nice respite from filling the SHO tank, thanks entirely to my laid up recovery from shoulder surgery this past week.

Goin a lil batty sit'n at home. Ugh :doh:

But yea, gas in the Chicagoland area is among the highest in the States.

Analyst's were estimating that by this summer, per gallon fuel prices were to be in the high $4's to low $5's in my area.

Yikes! My wife already flips $100 bux just to fill up her SUV as it is now.... and to think about all the profound effects of the high fuel prices back dropped against the alleged recovering economy, i'll tell 'ya what, ain't gonna be a whole helluva lot of recovery going on this year if this keeps up.

Sweet Jesus.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Ours jumped from $3.80 a couple of weeks ago to $4.50 this week. Cheapest I've found in the area is $4.35, but hell, it isn't even springtime yet! Heard that there's more tension in the middle-east (when is there not tension?) driving up the price of oil. Heard on the news that it takes 10 years to turn oil into gasoline.....seems ridiculous in this day and age....

Ugh geez, right now we're at 3.77 a gallon or so. BUT it's nice on my SRT-4 filling up on E-85 which is down around 2.95 a gallon. Gas mileage wise I can manage 200 miles out of about 11 gallons where I could get 240ish miles out of 11 gallons of premium gas.

I wonder if it'd be possible to convert a SHO to E-85? I think the DI pump would be a obstacle or does it have enough output to do E-85? I suppose this requires a new thread...but could definitely run a stage 4+ tune on E-85...just need the volume delivered!

You know what's crazy though, is that it's already been shown that we (in America) are sitting on so much untapped oil it's unreal.

Someday, and likely long after i'm gone, we will become the world's largest exporter of oil/gas.... too bad there's too much political wrangling back -n- forth for anything to get done about it in my lifetime though.

Just seems silly to me that we take a back seat to these 3rd world nations that currently are producing oil/gas & essentially remain held hostage to their every move/stance/opposition etc etc

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Archived