Ecoboost Owner Forums

The Quick Inexpensive Guide to King Kong In Your Trunk

anyone ever seen one of these in person. Expensive but seems like a great way to maintain all the space in the trunk. JL doesn't usually suck either.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_530/Vehicle-specific-Enclosures-with-Subs.html

I've seen it and I had two TW13's in my Lightning which is the speaker they use in that enclosure. I loved "2" of them in the truck but I'm not sure one in the trunk would be enough. I haven't really heard it live in person. I thought it's a little pricey for what it is

• 1 month later...
Hi Wildosvt:

Between the seats is a pain to mount because the antenna for the FOB is located right there in the middle under the carpet. Yes, the 6x9's are still intact. I just used the high inputs off the rear door speakers for the amp. Since this is such a low frequency (95 Hz set), the input whether high or low does not make a difference (you won't hear it anyway). I'm also wired at 4 ohms to the amp.

Sorry it took so long to respond, been away on business......

Wow, I over looked this topic somehow. What I meant was as you turn up the factory radio. Once you get to a certain point the bass falls off almost totally. The factory radio is designed to protect the factory speakers. With a LC2i or Re-Q it will eliminate that cutoff. It boosts line input and replaces the missing "bass" once you go over the factory limit.

A video that explains it well. The previous videos I posted were not as informative as this.

I just ran into a sub for my car. I could not argue the price.. I will be doing a topic soon. I will FINALLY have time to do some how toos myself and contribute like so many others have.

Archived