Ecoboost Owner Forums

Fender vent led accent

I finished the Fender Vent Lighing. it is very subtle mod. li thinks it is a real eye catcher.Let me knowyour thoughs, If positive I will post a "HOW TO".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]233[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]235[/ATTACH]

post-44-142532292792_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292798_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292802_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292808_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292813_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292818_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292792_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292798_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292802_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292808_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292813_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292818_thumb.jpg

I'm dig'n that Lite Brite mod....

lite-brite.jpg

Ha! My wife told me to type that, but I think it's pretty unique for sure :thumb:

I would write up the "How-To" when you have time and let me know that you did so and I'll be sure to "Sticky" it with the rest of the "How-To's".

I'm dig'n that Lite Brite mod....

lite-brite.jpg

Your wife has a great sense of humor. I especially like the Lite-Brite pic. It is a timeless toy. My six year old still wields a Lite-Brite creatively.

The mod looks AWESOME!! I have not seen anything like it on any ride. I'm looking forward to the how-to.

Your wife has a great sense of humor. I especially like the Lite-Brite pic. It is a timeless toy.

My wife's on a roll..... why you say?

She just added that whenever we have our car meets, all of the kids can bring their different colored pegs & they'll be entertained for hours with SHO MAN's new LITE BRITE mod.

For the record she likes this mod too, but is just simply poking fun.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Ok.. Ok...I was a little skeptical on the mod myself. Good thing I have 2 extra stock fender vents to replace the LED fender vents..

This was like the grille LED accent I removed because it was to in you face, at least the LED fender vents are subtle??? Right?

I was just looking at the 13 fender vents. With the difference in the design I am not sure they would lend themselves to being drilled for the LED lighting. I think the this mod really looks better when using the stock vents. But that's just my thoughts, without the center piece that says Taurus and the SHO lettering on the new vents standing alone, I'm not sure that the black background has a design that would look right if holes were put in it.

I like it. One additional mod you could make would be to add a couple of rectifier diodes and a resistor, then wire it in to the turn signal so that it flashes bright with the turn signal. That would be extra cool, I think. I'm not sure if there would be any legal issues with a side indicator light not being amber or red though.... Probably no more of an issue than having blue lights on your car.

-Rod

I called the dealership this morning and talked with the parts manager about the new fender vent. He could not tell me if the 2013 vent will fit the 2010. I went ahead and told him to order both sides. I looked at photos of the part, instead of an oval patern background; the 2013 have a diamond pattern. I thinK the diamond pattern will be conducive to the open drilling. But then again I may just backlight the SHO emblem. I will keep everyone posted once the parts arrive.

What's the best way to remove the side emblems?

On either side of the car, start towards the rear of the vent.

There's one, single guide pin directly in the center (from top to bottom) that needs to be pried away from the surface of the quarter panel.

There are then tabs all along the outer edge, both top & bottom, around the remainder of the vent itself.

I'll post some pics for you & everyone else when I can....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I also slid a thick piece of paper/thin cardboard between the emblem and fender then slid a thin piece of metal between the paper and emblem from the top middle and pressed down. This releases the latch from the top. Next do the same from the bottom.

I finished the Fender Vent Lighing. it is very subtle mod. li thinks it is a real eye catcher.Let me knowyour thoughs, If positive I will post a "HOW TO".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]233[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]235[/ATTACH]

The lighting looks great, nice even look throughout the emblem. One last question, well two...what LED's did you use and where did you connect the wiring from the LED's?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Being that I brought this topic back up, (Fender vent LED accents) has anyone seen or looked into having this type of illumination done to the new "SHO" vents?

I know it's not cheap.

The company that makes these "Custom" handles is: Ohio-Speed.com

http://www.ohio-speed.com/

Just a though, if someone was looking for something different.

Archived