Ecoboost Owner Forums

DaveE's Fusion Sport Build

I am jealous....still no one has a tune for a 3.0 Continental.   I thought sure the tune Livernois has for the 3.0 MKZ would transfer over to the Conti with the same engine.   I miss my MKS ecoboost - especially when the tracks open here soon.

Again, congrats on the 12s.  I knew those 2.7s had a lot of potential!

Thanks buddy!  Yeah, I know they tuned the 3.0 for the MKZ.  I don't see why a little tweaking wouldn't work for the Conti.  Maybe it has a different strategy?  I believe LME will eventually come out with a tune.  Hopefully sooner than later.  

Thanks buddy!  Yeah, I know they tuned the 3.0 for the MKZ.  I don't see why a little tweaking wouldn't work for the Conti.  Maybe it has a different strategy?  I believe LME will eventually come out with a tune.  Hopefully sooner than later.  

Hope so.  If you still have any influence with them, I would love some help!!   I offered to take my car to them but they said they would need it for a week.  Can't do that!

Hooks up pretty good Bruce.  I tried a few different launching techniques.  From an idle got me 13.2's.  2500 launch got me some wheel hop. The sweet spot is around 2K. I put the tires at 41 hot when I got there but it cooled off a lot the four hours I was out there so, they were probably around 39-40 (?) on that last run (made run 9 right before the last).  Got a touch of spin on all four. Maybe two rotations. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just got done pulling all the wheels and cleaning them.  They weren't too bad but the black shows everything.  I have been keeping my eye out for wheels that I might like better but if you know me, I have trouble picking out wheels.  It usually takes a few sets before I decide that's it.  

qp4vxDu.jpg

mhjBIRT.jpg

x8vuzVU.jpg

I need to drive her a little to get a nice line around the edge when the tire dries out a bit. 

I am working with Livernois on their new Throttle Enhancer.  It's gonna need a little tweaking to work on the Sport properly.  But, I'm sure we will get it.  It's a real pain dealing with the connectors with just one hand.  This is the connection on the box at the top of the gas pedal. There is a little red knob that has to be pushed in to get the red clip off.  

eh36JhX.jpg

EK5M3an.jpg

But, I did get it. 

K0waKlJ.jpg

PrRkLU1.jpg

I'm just getting over a hassle with Steeda.  My left front spring was rubbing.  They told me it wasn't clocked properly.  I had three other guys check it for me and it is good.  I finally dented the tower wall to get clearance. Works fine now. No rubbing, performs without issue. Steeda did finally offer to replace the spring if it is defective and cover any expenses.  But, it is fine and I don't want to mess with it any more. 

And lastly, I removed that funky looking name plate I had on the radiator cover.  It just didn't look right.  It wasn't the first item I have de-modded and it won't be the last I'm sure. But, you gotta try things!  LOL