Ecoboost Owner Forums

2017 FORD Nationals where to stay

bamsho

Mike, just checked the weather forecast and the good news is it is improving with good weather now looking for Thursday, Friday...chance of rain has been reduced to 20%.  Still a chance of a storm or Friday night but now Saturday is partly cloudy with very small chance of rain.  So the detailing gods seem to be smiling on us for the weekend!

That's awesome Mark.

Our resident person in transition, Brian..... oops I meant "Brianna" convinced me to NOT BRING the large 5'x8' banner, and the corresponding weighted sand bags to hold down it's vertical posts.

Said it was likely to large, and with the weather always changing, just not a great idea.

I am/was fine with that suggestion, as those sand bags are heavy as $h!t.

So umm yea, I truly, truly aporeciate the updated forecast. Please keep it coming.

Well, suppose I should go change that pad of mine now. It's a heavy month, and Brianna's well versed in monthly cycles, pad changing, etc.

Bwahahahaha.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by bpd1151

The latest forecast looks like very nice on Thursday. Friday about a 40% chance of a shower in the afternoon/evening.  Saturday a partly cloudy day with temps in the mid 70's, only 20% chance of rain.  Sunday looks like the rains return...90% chance of rain, but Sunday is normally a fairly quiet day at the show, other than awards being handed out. 

Well folks, the 2017 Ford National's have come and gone, and a great time was had by all! Wonderful to see such a turnout from all various model years, trim levels, etc.
The memories created were plenty, and I'm thankful to many many individuals for having made this event, the experience that it was!

BIG Thanks to Brian & Kris Michael (BAM_SHO) as well as to Mark H. (mjhpadi) for their involvement and assistance throughout. Without their help, the show wouldn't have been what it was for me personally.

I was overwhelmed by all the support, as well as all the things to do and see, not only at the fairgrounds, but also in/around the Carlisle area. Fun times for sure! Look forward to doing it again.

Also, HUGE Thanks to all those who catapulted my SHO into it's 1st Place Award for the "Modified" category! Very thankful for the attention, and I only hope I can continue representing the Taurus/SHO platform in the best light possible! Thank you!

Moving along, a few pics to post here, then I'll include the link to the dedicated album, so as to not eat up too much forum data, and y'all can peruse through at your own leisure. Enjoy!

Some of the group, as remaining on Sunday:
DSC_6622%202_zpsehk9hsda.jpg

Downtown Carlisle parade:
23894_zpsyfpqxopk.jpeg

Pole dancing anyone?:
23943_zpssdu96efm.jpeg

Hotel parking lot shenanigans:
23947_zpsivtsl6tb.jpeg

Some of the SHO and it's newest "big" mod for 2017, the MASSIVE audio build:
DSC_6511%202_zpsl9f7u4wk.jpg
DSC_6508%202_zpsmetubam1.jpg
DSC_6510%202_zps9tcxlk91.jpg
DSC_6509%202_zpshkwcsdkg.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed this event, as much as I did. I know for me personally, I'll never forget all the looks on people's faces when they viewed my SHO for the 1st time. The positive reactions, compliments, and in some cases, utter amazement, from all age groups, walks of life, etc. was priceless. Keeps me fueled for even more to come in the future!  --------Mike

Let me echo your sentiments Mike. I had a great time at this year's Nationals and it was because of our SHO family. As always Brian & Kris were wonderful as was all the other folks that had a SHO on the showfield.  It is amazing that such a nice group of folks have stumbled (or fell, in my case) into this platform. It really was a pleasure to spend the weekend with all those folks!  I am already looking forward to next year and getting together with great friends and great cars!  Finally, Mike and Todd it was great to have two of our very best on display at this show, it really stepped the SHO platform cars up to a new level that surprised a lot of people, both at the show and in downtown Carlisle!

A few fun videos captured by others:

Looks like my SHO, as well as Brian (BAM_SHO's SHO) made the Official Carlisle Flickr Photo Albums as well:

Anyone else have photos that they'd care to share with the community? It'd be great to see what others have captured! Your contributions are appreciated!

mike-neat pics & film, the rte 66 show in springfield ill in sept has a burnout contest. a couple years ago ,a girl with a'70 chevelle blew her engine but she won a set of mickey thompsons, what a downer for the crowd, so gt's was a lot better. one of these years on my bucket list to make. got to pay for my last new dd, at 71 you start thinking things like that. anyway the reason for my post. nice touch that i didn't see last time is the model in the engine bay. hard to tell but looks like a white sho police car, which if it is a super neat idea. I have the red model that i use at shows. have thought of painting it white, but no skill or courage to do it. but in your case being a leo a super idea. you know i like the little touches.

Yea, it is a Taurus P.I. black/white model. One of the original designs that depict the '10-'12 model year(s) which, oddly enough, were never sold by FMC.

That item was gifted to me by Tom Ochal a few years back, and was discovered by him when he travelled to AZ.

He thought if me instantly and snatched it up on my behalf. I have been proudly displaying it ever since.

Funny cuz that goofy little model garners nearly as much attention as the SHO itself. Particularly from the kids, sometimes the ladies too.

But you are correct, it is typically the little things that hold one's interest.

Thanks for the compliments my friend.

Yea, it is a Taurus P.I. black/white model. One of the original designs that depict the '10-'12 model year(s) which, oddly enough, were never sold by FMC.

That item was gifted to me by Tom Ochal a few years back, and was discovered by him when he travelled to AZ.

He thought if me instantly and snatched it up on my behalf. I have been proudly displaying it ever since.

Funny cuz that goofy little model garners nearly as much attention as the SHO itself. Particularly from the kids, sometimes the ladies too.

But you are correct, it is typically the little things that hold one's interest.

Thanks for the compliments my friend.

Mike- i knew i had never see one before. what a great story that someone would think enough of you to that & your right a model is a very important item for a car show. not sure it gets you any points but give an impression that you really cared enough about your car to search & find one. kids do love them, although i still keep mine in original box, as don't want to scratch it up.

well had a first this weekend, a judge actually knew what a stock sho should look like as his brother-in-law has one. so my attempt to sneak into stock class was meet with a call over to my car & the guy taking pleasure in pointing out my over the 3 allowable mods & then had the nerve to tell me that he'd bet that i had done a lot he couldn't even see. well not much i could say but get stuck into the modded class with cars with blowers, aftermarket super chargers, etc. so things didn't go well for me. he even had the nerve to say my twin turbo hood decals where a mod. although after the verbal beating, he got on his cell phone & called his brother-in-law up & told him to come over to the show to see what a real sho looked like!!!