Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd's MASSIVE audio build......

Really like the lighting also I feel this is the first time I've seen your intake setup I really like that as well!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've posted pics of my intake before, somewhere and everywhere.....

But glad you like it. The added LED lighting makes that 3rd intake tube at the bottom really pop now.

I had LED lighting in the engine bay before, but wanted more.

They'll be adding all sorts of more LED lighting throughout the interior and the trunk as well. This is on top of the audio stuff.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, shop's still making headway.

They've performed final sanding, and have begun on finishing the inside of the 15" sub box.

First by painting it with a black primer for texture, then moving along to final coats in white.

16727_zps2xrmlfii.jpeg

17004_zpsuexb3t7m.jpeg

17036_zpsplubg6od.jpeg

17040_zpsopyyizvo.jpeg

17394_zpsnlhpenrw.jpeg

17393_zpsyitzz0ab.jpeg

17399_zpsdfnmzvxa.jpeg

Edited by bpd1151

Then also working on finishing up the trim rings for the 6x9's on the rear deck......

17411_zpskgbluwfa.jpeg

17444_zpsmomyr6av.jpeg

17462_zpswtnlubvw.jpeg

17464_zps8hjhfjtu.jpeg

I'm thinking that that white on the inside of the 15" sub box, is really REALLY bright, and the LED's they'll be using to illuminate it, oughta really make it pop!

More updates to follow.

Are they going to put the rear deck cover back on or are you going to do something different?

That rear deck pictured, is completely custom.

Scroll through all the previous pics of its fabrication, and you'll see.

The factory rear deck, and sunshade have been removed, and will NOT be getting re-installed.

The custom rear deck will be being finished in a white carbon fiber cloth material wrap, and then the outer portions of the 6x9's, as well as that center 8" diameter porting tube will be done in black leather.

That rear deck pictured, is completely custom.

Scroll through all the previous pics of its fabrication, and you'll see.

The factory rear deck, and sunshade have been removed, and will NOT be getting re-installed.

The custom rear deck will be being finished in a white carbon fiber cloth material wrap, and then the outer portions of the 6x9's, as well as that center 8" diameter porting tube will be done in black leather.

Good deal. Didn't know if the one in the picture was just a template they were using.

MIke, it looks like it's coming along nicely, slow, but nicely.  But then again, so I am coming along a bit slow after surgery.  But the car looks to be getting back to a really sharp look bit faster than I am! LOL  Keep updating, I haven't kept up with this since the surgery, but hopefully I can now, since I got a thumbs up from everyone at the surgeon's and hospital on Wednesday. I am very excited to see this in person and to hear this kick butt system! 

More updates as just provided to me literally within the last few minutes.....

Weather proof electrical outlet box installed underneath back side of the spare tire well. No more dragging the power converter out and whatnot. Now I can just literally, plug the car into any standard electrical outlet and be able to display proudly at a show......

17667_zpsd0tqhmzy.jpeg

17666_zpsu9m7o5y6.jpeg

Rear deck in process of being wrapped with the white, carbon fiber leather material.......

17949_zpst55n5xkx.jpeg

17946_zpsswxryyip.jpeg

17947_zpszaix0cmm.jpeg

17939_zps8a2kuwai.jpeg

17936_zpshtpdz4gb.jpeg

Edited by bpd1151

Center, 15" sub box, that is being mounted over the "hump" in the trunk, being finished up. Wrapped in the white cf leather material, subs mounted, wired up, and LED lighting installed into the interior of the box itself.....

17964_zpsoz9j6zq3.jpeg

17963_zpsmaejmxz2.jpeg

17961_zpsun0kqfxh.jpeg

17960_zpsaxovo3wc.jpeg

17933_zpsg7rcaa9d.jpeg

17934_zpsrnegdu9n.jpeg

17958_zpsb1zpdoux.jpeg

17957_zpsa0i26gxg.jpeg

17959_zpsokxs0hdd.jpeg

17956_zpst4hfvcej.jpeg

Edited by bpd1151

Ummm what else......???

Oh yea, the amp rack cover also being wrapped in the white cf leather material.....

17941_zpsifm3lydn.jpeg

17945_zpsqngi9bkn.jpeg

Not sure if I did this correctly, but hopefully I did......

Short little video clip of the wrapping of the rear deck in action. I think I added it to my Google Drive thing-a-ma-jiggy correctly. LMK as I am still sometimes tech challenged.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9TsCV9YXmrFVDgxVzVaVXhkYkE/view?usp=drivesdk

Corner 12" subs now wrapped in the same white, carbon fiber leather material.

That CF really pops and is quite prominent on those pieces alone.

Then, the smaller, fill-in type pieces, as well as individual speaker trim rings now being wrapped in the black leather material...... enjoy!

18318_zpsmsk4x9kq.jpeg

18322_zpsxnp2eopx.jpeg

Edited by bpd1151

coming along great mike, brave man using white, i know you got it on your doors. would almost be afraid to drive it windows open but would imagine fairly easy to clean. showed the pics to my guy in office who was a car sound contest guy & he's really stoked about it. says would love to get back in but young family diverting all the $$. easter bunny 1st. he does have an eco explorer & is a ford guy. keep us updated Mike.

& mark glad you are recovering well. knew something was going on from facebook post just wasn't sure.

Stopped by the shop earlier today, but had to cut my visit short, as I had contractors enroute to my residence, with a cement truck, as there was a break in the rain, so they poured our new porch.

Anyhow, the audio guys still have work remaining, but they're making progress nonetheless.

Here's a few pics I snapped off myself:

20170420_144758_zpsvit01b9j.jpg

20170420_144750_zpsfvpl3brz.jpg

20170420_145014_zpsgxj3p538.jpg

20170420_145027_zpsq7kkcnn9.jpg

More to follow as it continues to gear towards completion.

Edited by bpd1151