Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd's MASSIVE audio build......

Well, took the SHO back to the shop yesterday, and they repaired the bolt that holds the door hinge/catch thingy AND they also installed the Lockpick.

Which means she's now done in her entirety.

Now I just have to figure out how to use the damn Lockpick. Lol. I'm suffering from user error/user stupidity. Lol.

They also rewired the one amp that powers the 12" subs, as they originally had it powered to the trunk lid relay, which apparently is a data type of line, so what was happening was, the amp would cut out and/or the power would fluctuate.

They explained they were originally intending on the 12's to only come on when the trunk lid was open, as it was pointless really to have the sound bouncing around in the trunk exclusively, as those corner enclosures are not ported anywhere. So well intended, but not well executed in reality. Oh well.

Anyhow, I did learn an interesting fact while there.... the audio tuner advised that he purposely has the amps only turned up approximately 1/4 of the way.

This surprised me, because the couple of times I have cranked it up, holy hell, the bass alone makes breathing a lil awkward cuz it hits so hard. The sound is so damn crisp/clear to. Super impressed.

Those of you who will hear it in person, will also be impressed. All others who've heard it locally, are in awe. Just shake their head in disbelief.

So that said, once I have surpassed my required, 20hr. break in period, the audio tuner told me to return to the shop, so they can turn up the power on those amps and really see what she's made of.

I might poopy myself at that point! Bwahahahaha.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and for those attending the 2017 Ford Nationals, see y'all soon!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome job there Mike! Looks great. Im jealous lol.

I showed Sam some of the earlier pics. Will show total finished product to him.

Question, since trunk relay idea didn't materialize, (I don't understand them powering amp from trunk) both the 12's and the 15's fire all the time now?

Maybe they can use the the trunk light to switch on the amp. They may have to install a relay as it should only be a switch on/off and not actual power.

Do you leave rear seat folded down?

Any nuisance glare from all the lights on in cabin?

Subs fire all the time now.

I do not leave the rear seat folded down. I pull it down briefly, just to show curious onlookers, but then return them to their respective, upright position(s).

I do get nuisance glare off the 6x9's on that rear parcel tray. Annoying but meh, I'll get over it.

Hope Sam enjoyed the pics. The sound is pretty damn impressive. Those 15's hit hard!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Been a while since I've updated this thread, however, I found I actually had to de-tune, or turn down the amps.

Why, you ask?

Well, I started noticing adhesive dripping down into the corners of the rear windshield, where the rain channel is located.

Perplexed, I asked the shop about it, and they informed me that that is the adhesive from the rear windshield being mounted into the opening. They continued, advising if you're seeing repeated adhesive gathering in those corners as you're reporting, that's a good indication you're on the verge of blowing your rear windshield out of the frame/mounting area.

Egad! 

Guess I never planned for that to occur! Oopsie daisy!

Why does that not surprise me???? LOL  I guess the audio guys knew only too well what would happen had you had full power at Carlisle!

Yea, in hindsight, you're very likely VERY RIGHT there Mark!

You, and a few others got to witness her 1st hand, so you know how well it sounds, even at loud volume levels.

To think that the amps were "only" turned up 1/4th of their power output is crazy. I did have them bump up the power a tad bit shortly after having returned home. That's when I began noticing a gooey, sticky like adhesive pooling up on either corner(s) of that rear tray area just underneath the rear windshield/top of trunk. 

When I brought this to the shops attention, they were like "yeah, probably should come back in, and let us dial those amps back down a bit".

I just couldn't even imagine anything beyond 1/2 potential power output, yet alone 3/4th's even. Geezuz. **smh**