Ecoboost Owner Forums

Subtle Little Change

So it was too nice today to be inside, and since I have a long meeting tonight for our annual PADI Instructor update I wanted to do something to do the car. Since I really liked bpd's changes to the door handles, I wanted to do something to mine, but I didn't want the black on my red. So I decided to silver that matches the SHO stripes that Ken has done for us. Sent him an e-mail asking him to cut me some vinyl, and he suggested just using 1/8" pin striping. I did and here is the result. One note, the vinyl pin striping is not as thick as Ken's stripes so I am sure it will need replaced sooner. But here are the results (let me know what you guys think):

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5452-1.jpg

One more time a tip of the cap to Mike for this idea, I would have never come up with it without his inspiration.

Mark, looks pretty damn kick @ss if you ask me :thumb:

The use of Silver works really well with your overall theme, and goes a long way to "tieing in" the car. It makes it look complete.

Good, no wait, GREAT job and kudos to CC Ken for having helped you out with this.

I love it!

So it was too nice today to be inside, and since I have a long meeting tonight for our annual PADI Instructor update I wanted to do something to do the car. Since I really liked bpd's changes to the door handles, I wanted to do something to mine, but I didn't want the black on my red. So I decided to silver that matches the SHO stripes that Ken has done for us. Sent him an e-mail asking him to cut me some vinyl, and he suggested just using 1/8" pin striping. I did and here is the result. One note, the vinyl pin striping is not as thick as Ken's stripes so I am sure it will need replaced sooner. But here are the results (let me know what you guys think):

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5452-1.jpg

One more time a tip of the cap to Mike for this idea, I would have never come up with it without his inspiration.

I like it and plan on the same one day.

Also try this too.

IMG_5453.jpg

Just noticed that the MKS door handles have a chrome insert.

Damnit, some design engineer at FMC stole my ideas.

Oh well, copying one's mods are the biggest form of flattery I suppose.

I knew someone else who was working on the full LED tail light mod, and blamo, look what appeared on the 2013's. Geezuz :tape2:

I suppose Chris better get his gauge pods patented and Ken you and your decals too!

I like it!!

I considered doing this when I got my SHO emblems for my calipers & front end made. I was wanting to use a reflective silver vinyl for that cool reflective look at night.

The reflective is a cool look. I did that with my 4X4 Off Road decals on my F-150. I replaced the stock ones (which in 98) didn't come with the Lariat if you ordered the off-package but anyway. I stole the idea from our Pennsylvania State Police Cruisers. they had a wide gold stripe on the side that when illuminated by lights at night reflected silver. So I managed to get some of that vinyl and had my off-road decals made of that vinyl. It was great, during the day they looked gold and at night when light shined on them they appeared silver.

Damnit, some design engineer at FMC stole my ideas.

Oh well, copying one's mods are the biggest form of flattery I suppose.

Speaking of stealing, when I awoke yesterday and when out to get my mail I noticed the front valance on my car was missing. It seems that someone swiped it off my car while I was at my meeting in Williamsport on Thursday. That's what I get for parking in the rear of a lot so the car was away from others. Have already ordered the replacement, but gee, I can't believe someone needed a front valance....

Speaking of stealing, when I awoke yesterday and when out to get my mail I noticed the front valance on my car was missing.

It seems that someone swiped it off my car while I was at my meeting in Williamsport on Thursday.

That's what I get for parking in the rear of a lot so the car was away from others.

Have already ordered the replacement, but gee, I can't believe someone needed a front valance....

Really? The textured / dimpled plastic one for the lower front piece?

If so, how much is a new one running 'ya?

Yes, Mike the piece you replaced with your new very nice air dam. Yeah, I can't believe they took that and the rubber air dam. And I know I didn't lose it, because I'm sure I would have heard it. they also took the rubber air dam from underneath. The new valance retails for like 121 but my dealer is selling it to me for $95.00, actually I thought it would cost more.

Damn that's just crazy. :doh:

I was gonna have 'ya make me an offer on mine, but it'd probably cost just as much with shipping from me to you. Plus you'll be getting a brand new piece all together.

Sucks to hear. I recall that someone tried to steal the head lights off of my wife's old minivan from the hospital parking lot where she works.

They did not succeed in getting them, but they did however damage them in the process. I had to replace each side to the tune of almost $150 each.

Unreal what some thieves are willing to swipe nowadays.

I know, funny, when I first realized it was missing my first thought was asking you if you wanted to sell yours, but when the dealer quoted the price, and I checked it on Rock Auto (it was $85.00 + shipping and handling) I let the dealer get it for me. It helps in a couple of ways, first the dealer has been really good with us and I really like to give all the business I can since I didn't buy the SHO from them but they have always been top notch about servicing and warranty work with it. Plus it's nice to do business with a small family owned dealership that's local. Seems like there's not many of them left and I try to support one that has been outstanding with us and our vehicles.

Thanks, and yeah I'm pretty upset with the lose of the valance, but since it was raining here today and I had some pin stripe vinyl left I got fooling around with my engine cover. I will post a few pictures but my wife is out of town and has the camera with her.

Found out today that the lower valance replacement is going to be more expensive then I first antcipated...my car was in the shop for 15K service and the dealer informed me that not only did they get the lower valance but also the air dam is also missing. And that the front valance has a core charge of $75.00! The parts are ordered but now it is going to be close to $300.00 to replace what was stolen off the car. Guess I'll call the insurance company and see if any of it is covered. This car has had the weirdest things happen to it, last summer someone threw stones and damaged the hood and one wheel while I was driving and now the air dam and front valance gets stolen off the car...hopefully this will be the last someone messes with the car.

• 2 weeks later...
I like it and plan on the same one day.

Also try this too.

IMG_5453.jpg

I try paint the inside spokes[ATTACH=CONFIG]391[/ATTACH] the pearl in the Kona blu just look black so I rerevese it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]390[/ATTACH] I used some black tape to come up the final look and I stole a little from the 2013 wheels. [ATTACH=CONFIG]392[/ATTACH] I get a lot of looks for the wheels.

post-237-142532286773_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286776_thumb.jpg

post-237-14253228678_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286773_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286776_thumb.jpg

post-237-14253228678_thumb.jpg

Archived