Ecoboost Owner Forums

I didn't know...

Scrming

Now you're thinking *wink *wink.....

I'm sure there are a few other "necessities" that you can factor into that list to keep it expanding!

Good job :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Went out to dinner last night... took off from the stop light and the tires were spinning and SQUEALING! (this was with JUST the Stage 4+). The Mrs. was like, are you supposed to be able to spin the tires in this thing? LOL! So I was like "No... i really need tires with better traction... sniff... sniff..." LOL! So this morning I said, "I don't want to break my promise about no more mods, but are new tires considered a mod?" Her reply was, "No, tires are not a mod, they are a necessity... " And I was out the door on my way to Discount Tire! LOL!

I needed to stick with an All Season since I refuse to swap tires... LOL! Ordered a set of Kumho Ecsta 4X... should be here Tuesday...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=151

Did you consider Conti DWS?

Not really... they were quite a bit more expensive... about $50 more per tire... the Kumhos also had a slightly better dry traction rating on Tire Rack then the DWS, which is what I was looking for... Kumhos are getting pretty good reviews...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=151&affiliate=TY9

I think the reason DWS are rated as high as they are, is due to their wear. Same thing for DW's. I am very happy overall with DW's and likely will get them again in the fall (with around 35K on them at that time) when I need new tires, but they sure get hard (lose traction) when they are cold. Only notice it under WOT starts. And DR's are for that situation. The mileage I'm getting with these tires, considering how I have abused them in straight line WOT runs, is amazing. Only issue was early balance problems due to tire seating on rim... Need to be driven it seems. Take more than Bridgestones.

For you... dry traction is a reasonable consideration as well as A/S. I just use my stock wheels/tires for our one big winter trip. Hate the RS-A's as they wander, but doubt I will ever wear them out... and aren't worth anything used, even with around 8K on them. Look like new. Bet the Kumho's will handle much better too! How many miles are on your RS-A's?

I think the reason DWS are rated as high as they are, is due to their wear. Same thing for DW's. I am very happy overall with DW's and likely will get them again in the fall (with around 35K on them at that time) when I need new tires, but they sure get hard (lose traction) when they are cold. Only notice it under WOT starts. And DR's are for that situation. The mileage I'm getting with these tires, considering how I have abused them in straight line WOT runs, is amazing. Only issue was early balance problems due to tire seating on rim... Need to be driven it seems. Take more than Bridgestones.

For you... dry traction is a reasonable consideration as well as A/S. I just use my stock wheels/tires for our one big winter trip. Hate the RS-A's as they wander, but doubt I will ever wear them out... and aren't worth anything used, even with around 8K on them. Look like new. Bet the Kumho's will handle much better too! How many miles are on your RS-A's?

I have 25,000 miles on the RS-A.... local Discount Tire is giving me $80 for trading them in! Heck, i'm just glad not to have to pay the disposal fee! LOL! Looking forward to getting the Kumhos on... Hopefully Tuesday!

So my tires were supposed to come in Tuesday and I was all set to get them mounted... well, they didn't come in on Tuesday... and I was REALLY disappointed... Tire came in yesterday...So i went to Discount Tire today, only to find out they are running a special today through Saturday... $100 REBATE when you buy 4 tires! So by waiting a couple of days I saved an extra $100!! WOOHOO!!

Just need to get some miles on them and then hit the track on Saturday!

Archived