Ecoboost Owner Forums

Navigation update

So, have any other 2010 SHO drivers updated their navigation with new maps from Navteq yet? Apparently 240,000 of roads, 372,000 now POI's, improved voice recognition, improved traffic alerts (hopefully), and a newer grace notes version. I ordered today, apparently it takes over 2.5 hours to perform the update. It includes 4 DVD's.

It says that it updates your Sirius/XM channel listings. My experience regarding the sat updates is that my home/portable system does it automatically when I turn it on.

This update is new to me. It updates from 3.1 to 5.1. All the info is at Navteq if you want to see what is updated. They have a whole list of cities. Should be here in a couple days. Will let you know.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also have a Garmin (1490T) and love it. It's my portable and very user friendly with lifetime updates. Cost $250 CDN about a year or so ago.

Have the OEM in dash in the SHO and want to keep it up to date, tho, from experience with these things, not much changes in a relative short time (at least were I am anyway). I'll probably get an update for mine in a couple more years.

C.

You Canadian Suckkkkaas... I got a 1490TLM for my G8 in Nov . Only $169. on Amazon... and then it dropped even more for Cyber Monday...

I use an older Garmin in my Flex as my digital GPS speedo. Surprisingly it's maps and motels etc. are more up to date than the Ford Nav.... and much easier to access. Ford Nav is only a good real time MAP.

You Canadian Suckkkkaas... I got a 1490TLM for my G8 in Nov . Only $169. on Amazon... and then it dropped even more for Cyber Monday...

I use an older Garmin in my Flex as my digital GPS speedo. Surprisingly it's maps and motels etc. are more up to date than the Ford Nav.... and much easier to access. Ford Nav is only a good real time MAP.

Waaay to gooooooo Booooooob.......I'm happy for ya.....really..:blabla:

......and thanks so much for that warm welcome. You're so kind.:whoo:

I wasn't too displeased with the price I got since the MSRP was $35x. at the time (if memory serves), and our dollar might not have been so close to par with the US dollar as it is now. I haven't priced them lately but it might be that they're down a little now from when I bought.

Besides that I'm a little more comfortable getting service etc from where I bought mine in person than I would be online if there's an issue so I don't mind paying a little more.:dance:

I'm very pleased with Garmin in general. Their product seems top notch and the updates are very easily installed.

I'd recommend them to anyone.

Enjoy your Garmin, It's a good unit from my experience,

Your everlovin' "Canadian Suckkkaaa".

Colin.

Buy a new Garmin and save $100.

Yeah, I already have up to date navigation systems. I am not putting one of them in my car that already has a navigation system in it. Those stupid suction cups that either fall of the glass, or screws up the tint on the windshield. I also don't have to "hide" it under the seat or worry about it overheating, or replacing the battery after ??? years. Yes, I could also use the navi on my droid, which works awesome also.

I received a notice in the mail today about purchasing the update. My car has version 2.0 and the new update is version 5.1. If you are interested it is free shipping if you order the update before May 31.

Thanks anyways, but I already ordered. And without the code, I got free shipping.

My update is from 3.1 to 5.1. Seems like the update should help you quite a bit.

I meant that lovingly... Just feel you all are screwed by unfair pricing....

Guess I'm in a foul mood today...

How about screwing back:

What's to stop one person's update from being used to update another SHO's Nav?

Just asking. Not suggesting anything at all. Just asking.

and in case anyone doesn't know, it's illegal to copy another's program due to copywrite/duplication laws and I'm in no way suggesting that anyone do that. Just so we're clear .

You everlovin' law-abiding

Colin.

Isn't it coded to a specific Nav system?

Thought I read somewhere you have to send them the SN from your specific Nav (on the screen) when you order.

Friend had 2 BMW's that had NAV... and he got one update.... but the disc needs to be in Nav system, so he had to switch discs from car to car to use the updated version.

How about screwing back:

What's to stop one person's update from being used to update another SHO's Nav?

Just asking. Not suggesting anything at all. Just asking.

and in case anyone doesn't know, it's illegal to copy another's program due to copywrite/duplication laws and I'm in no way suggesting that anyone do that. Just so we're clear .

You everlovin' law-abiding

Colin.

I think they must be coded because you have to supply them with the code from your nav system when you order...and since my version is 2.0 and the new is 5.1, I'm probably going to get the update, but since I get my stolen parts replaced on Thursday, going to wait to see that final cost before ordering the update.

I think they must be coded because you have to supply them with the code from your nav system when you order...and since my version is 2.0 and the new is 5.1' date=' I'm probably going to get the update, but since I get my stolen parts replaced on Thursday, going to wait to see that final cost before ordering the update.[/quote']

Yikes! I'm a little behind on some things! -- Nice to know about the 'coding'. Makes sense, of course to make it harder (or impossible) to copy/use in another car's navi.

Mark -- what about "stolen parts"??????? I've not had time to look for another thread on the subject. Sounds like something happened.

C.

Would love to know exactly what is included in the update. Is it just maps?

According to the website, Disc 1 is the map update. Disc 2 is the Gracenote update (Music recognition system), and discs 3 & 4 are software updates. Hope that helps a little.

Would love to know exactly what is included in the update. Is it just maps?

This Ford, Lincoln and Mercury navigation map update features new detailed coverage in over 100 new cities, counties and metropolitan areas across the continental United States, Canada and Mexico as well as Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In addition, we’ve added over 240,000 miles of verified road coverage, and 372, 000 new points of interest for you to explore.

In addition, this update includes: Improved voice recognition features, a Sirius radio channel lineup (corrected the channel lineup as a result of combining Sirius with XM) and Improved traffic alerts (moved to middleware 5 traffic feed).

This product also contains an update for your Gracenote® database.

I have noticed that there looks to be some mistakes in the update. They list at least 2 counties as counties in Pennsylvania, but there is not such counties in the state. I haven't looked at other states but those are 2 I saw already. They list Pennsylvania as having updates to Page and Rappahannock Counties, however there are no such counties in Pennsylvania. I have sent an e-mail to customer service and will update if I hear anything from them.

Archived