Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 SHO Parts

SoCalSHO

I'd like to see what it would involve for swapping the taillights over...

Yup me too.

It looks to me, if one looks close enough, that besides just the wiring diagrams being much different, it also appears that the actual assemblies themselves are different from the prior years.

Especially towards the bottom, outside edges / corners. They're more angled or what have you, where as the prior years (2010-2012) those areas are more rounded and/or curved.

In other words, I wouldn't be shocked if entirely brand new rear quarters, as well as an entirely new trunk lid would new to be purchased to complete this swap successfully.

Kind of like you guys who are looking to do the 2013 grille swap as well. Not gonna be possible w/o having to purchase several other (major) parts to go along with the one's look'n to be changed out themselves.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I will see what I can find to night, there are many parts not showing up the site. One other thing I was cross examining parts numbers and the best I can tell is the 2013 front brake should fit earlier cars. Part numbers on steering knuckle and wheel hub are unchanged so... Buying 2013 calipers, rotors and pads should mount to our cars. Haven't done any cross referencing of rear brakes yet, but I assume it will be the same. Now the big question is How much???

I'd like to see what it would involve for swapping the taillights over...

Typical oem led tail lights will not swap into cars without them. They are actually driven from some other place in the car. You are better off doing an led retrofit on the oem tail lights.

I will see what I can find to night' date=' there are many parts not showing up the site. One other thing I was cross examining parts numbers and the best I can tell is the 2013 front brake should fit earlier cars. Part numbers on steering knuckle and wheel hub are unchanged so... Buying 2013 calipers, rotors and pads should mount to our cars. Haven't done any cross referencing of rear brakes yet, but I assume it will be the same. Now the big question is How much???[/quote']

I'm definitely interested in this as well.

The new SHO supposedly has a better master cylinder, if I remember correctly. Any info on that?

Archived