Ecoboost Owner Forums

Catastrophic Failures?

SpoolinX2

I was on another forum I frequently visit, and one of the members posted that his friend's 2012 EB Flex had a catastrophic failure. All the info he had was that two impellers came loose on both turbos are grenaded the engine. I gotta say it sounds a little fishy given the Ecoboost reputation so far. Any one else heard anything about this?...or any other big failures of any kind?

Don't think this is possible. Turbo parts can't get into engine based on my understanding. There is an intercooler in between, and turbo parts aren't going to go up the exhaust into the engine. Now the engine could blow up on it's own.... and you could have a turbo failure but together????? unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
They were not sure' date=' they sent the engine back to FORD. It was knocking and hammering very bad and the CEL never came on. They had my car for a month and a half, then after I got it back, a day later a transmission line blew apart and left me stranded... they had it for a week longer.[/quote']

How many miles? That sounds like a nightmare, hope they at least gave you a good loaner car during this.

Oh God. Sounds like my last visit to a dealer for a recall on another car. A freakin' nightmare for sure. Very frustrating when you they keep promising they have a handle on things, don't, and you have to keep going back.:RpS_rolleyes:

Hope you ride is good now Tony.

C.

Archived