Ecoboost Owner Forums

Joined the 12 Second Club!

Scrming

Hit the track today! Boy, was it COLD! Temps were in the upper 30s! A lot different than 2 weeks ago when the temps were in the mid to upper 70s!!

I had two 12 second runs today. A 12.990 backed up with a 12.949. I also had five 13.0x runs!

Here are the time slips. I am car 201.

12990.jpg

12949.jpg

130x.jpg

Fun little video...

[video=youtube;kuJTmXH1U_4]

Fk'n sweet :hail:

I'm thinking I should be there as well and am hoping to get my catless pipes done here (this year).

I'm planning on making the 5 hour+ trek to Livernois Motorsports again this year (late Spring / early Summer) but this time, instead of just a visit, getting my SHO beast on their dyno for a lil custom tuning time......

I honestly can't wait.....

Congrats on your times :wave:

Mike

Congratulations! Had a lengthy very positive reply... but it got blown away... likely on my end. Enjoying a quiet night on our lanai... about 80 deg... Fountain is lit and so am I!

Your top speed is better than my best... Of course... 43 Deg weather helps! Never run in that cold temp... How did the Kumho,s hook up?

Finally there are two of us... As we speak, my elves... are removing the seats... taking out the Vista roof and enclosing it in balsa wood, adding a carbon fiber hood and more!!!!!!

And... my mercenary pool of Seals are using the doors and tailgate for target practice.... THIS PUPPY WILL WEIGH LESS THAN 4K before morn!

THANKS ALL!

Had a BLAST today!

@Bob - I'm incredibly lazy... I love just driving to the track, making runs and driving home... I run in full street trim... About the only thing I take out of the Flex at the track is my folding chair! LOL! The Kumhos hooked better than the Goodyears, but the traction control light was still coming on. But again, I won't be swapping tires... so complete street trim including ALL SEASON street tires! Not even summer tires! LOL!

@mdog - The silver SS and the Orange V6 are friends of mine from when I had my Camaro... Great group of guys! The convertible SS was a new guy... his FIRST time at the track! Buy yeah, very happy with the video! Have to angle the camera a bit more to the left next time!

I just wish I had a track as close as you do.... 90 MI in IA... 130 MI here in FL... What was the DA??? - HOW MUCH????!!!!!

I would guess your Kumho's may hook up better than my Conti DW's in cold temps....

Trying to figure out how to get the DR's to IA.... Too much other stuff heading back... NO ROOM....

Elves now removing entire top.... lowering drivers seat... telescope drivers view.... Holes in floor pan.... Dash gone.... Down to about 3,700 lbs!

I just wish I had a track as close as you do.... 90 MI in IA... 130 MI here in FL... What was the DA??? - HOW MUCH????!!!!!

I would guess your Kumho's may hook up better than my Conti DW's in cold temps....

Trying to figure out how to get the DR's to IA.... Too much other stuff heading back... NO ROOM....

Elves now removing entire top.... lowering drivers seat... telescope drivers view.... Holes in floor pan.... Dash gone.... Down to about 3,700 lbs!

DA was -63. The track is about 70 miles away... Of course I've been know to drive 12 hours or more to go racing! LOL!

Oh... So my friend lost the thermostat housing in his car and had to have his car towed home from the track (you can see the flat bed truck on the one run)... well, my friend said he was talking with the tow truck driver.... apparently the tow truck driver looked up and seen the Flex lining up and the tow truck driver thinks "Is that guy serious?" Then he heard my run was a 13.0 and decided it was "a sleeper of major proportions" LOL

Also, over heard a guy standing at the fence as I rolled by, "There goes that Camaro Killer... " LOL

You need a Vette "Ringer" like I had!!!!

Maybe we could meet at Cordova sometime... (Cordova, ILL about 15 mi north of Rock IS... ILL) I-80 to the river & then north 15 mi. 4 hr for me. Alt. 600

Don't see many vettes... here it's Mustangs and Camaros... with the occasional BMW... LOL! May have to go down to Milan... they have a wider variety of cars, but also incredibly crowded and your lucky to get 3 passes in!

Actually we should try to hit one of the NMRA events... although not sure which one my calendar would allow me to attend...

Thanks, guys!

@Rick - Not ready to give up on the stock airbox yet! LOL! I do know the one I tried actually slowed me down! LOL! Main thing I need to work on is eliminating the Morbidly Obese Driver Mod! I think I might be able to pick up a 1/10th there! Luckily Lapeer is open until the end of November! LOL!

@Crash712us - Thanks! Having fun with the GoPro! I really like the view from that back corner... Now I know I need to angle the camera a bit more to the left!

Tried to give you more rep thru the star at the bottom of the post on the left side, but it says I must spread some around b4 giving you any more. I tried. sigh.

You damn well deserve it for your mods and attaining 12 seconds in the 1/4.

A hearty cheers, scrming -- you're showing the way for others to follow.

C.

Tried to give you more rep thru the star at the bottom of the post on the left side, but it says I must spread some around b4 giving you any more. I tried. sigh.

You damn well deserve it for your mods and attaining 12 seconds in the 1/4.

A hearty cheers, scrming -- you're showing the way for others to follow.

C.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! (it's the thought that counts!!!)

Kind of funny... thinking back to ALL the work (and MONEY) i put into my 2005 V6 Mustang to get into the 12s... OMG! Just makes you realize just how AMAZING this EcoBoost platform is!

11s... Hmmmmm... Naw.. don't even tempt me! Basically I set out to get into the 12s and we accomplished that! Even I'm amazed how little actual mods it took! And on all season street tires to boot! So a bit thanks to Rick and Dan at Livernois for the great tuning and to Scott at MRT for the exhaust system and doing the Alky Control install! And of course, yes, the Alky Control kit! Fantastic kit that has worked flawlessly!

Of course I will continue to see if I can't get a little deeper into the 12s... I have a couple of private rental events throughout the year which usually offer the best track prep and traction!

Nice! What a great way to spend a Saturday' date=' getting your Flex to run in the 12's. Nice videos, I'll bet you had those Camaro guys scratching their heads! Again, congrats on the great runs.[/quote']

Thanks! And yep, had a great time at the track... As for the Camaros... actually they some good friend from the Detroit 5th Gen Camaro club that I met a few years ago when i had my 2010 V6 Camaro... Great group of guys and gals.... In fact some of them were more excited about seeing the Flex run than running their own cars! LOL!!

Unfortunately the Mustang club wasn't there so I could pounce on some Mustangs! LOL!

Just a word of advice..I won't try to pounce on this Mustang: (LOL)

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

I ain't scared!!! BWAHAHAHA!!

BTW... my friend Bill's Street Legal Cobra Jet clone... normally i don't care for clones and tribute cars but Bill has done a fantastic job on this! He was just on Pass Time a couple of weeks ago!!

IMG_1563.jpg

Archived