Ecoboost Owner Forums

Steering Wheel lighting

Hey guys....New SHO owner here, so bear with me. My wife and I drove the car for the first time at night and I noticed the steering wheel controls were not lit? Neither was the shift pattern indicator next to the shifter (Does it light up?) I played with the dimming switch thinking that that might be it and no go. Is there something else? Thanks in advance

Mine light up too....

Strange that yours don't. Is there a fuse or something specific to the steering wheel??

Have never monkeyed around with anything remotely related to the steering wheel to offer 'ya up any advice....

Although I'd be interested to hear what it is / was.....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

The manual doesn't list anything for steering wheel or shifter lights. But #10 in the passenger compartment fuse panel it says it's for switch illumination and puddle lamps. #13 in the under hood fuse panel is for the Adaptive Cruise Control, but nothing else listed as to which fuse could be causing the problem. Good luck, let us know what you find out about it.

The manual doesn't list anything for steering wheel or shifter lights. But #10 in the passenger compartment fuse panel it says it's for switch illumination and puddle lamps. #13 in the under hood fuse panel is for the Adaptive Cruise Control' date=' but nothing else listed as to which fuse could be causing the problem. Good luck, let us know what you find out about it.[/quote']

Just got in from work and checked the manual and #10 fuse was blown, which made sense because the puddle lamps are not working either. However, as my life goes here lately, that didn't fix the issues?? I'm whooped...I'll dive into it more tomorrow.

What year is your SHO? According to the 2011 service manual, the PRNDL panel is illuminated via an LED and it powered by fuse F10 (15A) in the Smart Junction Box. This same fuse provides the illumination power to several other switches in the instrument panel (traction control, hazard switch, rear sunshade switch, message center switches, start/stop switch, trunk release, ambient lighting, adjustable pedals, headlamp switch, and the left and right steering wheel switch clusters). No mention of the puddle lamps. The illumination power and illumination ground for the steering wheel switches each travel through a clockspring element, so if pretty much all but the steering wheel backlights work, you might be looking at a clockspring issue or the connection for the clocksprings.

-Rod

Archived