Ecoboost Owner Forums

Gen 1 Sync update

Just an update and sorry if mentioned before....

Gen 1 Sync update is now available to update to 3.2.5

Changes are performance related also involving the SBJ (Smart Junction Box).

Note, that you must take into the dealer to perform the update. It has to go through the PTS/IDS link to the OBDII and USB ports.

Thanks!

Brian

I kind of had the same question.

I almost wonder if they / we need to be referencing build dates?

I have the 'job 2' 2010 which includes the trunk lid pull down, but no HD radio. Factory nav and all that other fun stuff.....

But i'm willing to bet mine is like hella way out of date as far as updates go.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I kind of had the same question.

I almost wonder if they / we need to be referencing build dates?

I have the 'job 2' 2010 which includes the trunk lid pull down, but no HD radio. Factory nav and all that other fun stuff.....

But i'm willing to bet mine is like hella way out of date as far as updates go.

Mike you can see what version you have by looking into the System Info screen of the Nav System. I know mine is version 2.0 and the one that is being sold is version 5.1. I am betting your's is also 2.0 since your build date is only 10 days after mine.

Thank you Mark. You're probably right as far as mine being the same as yours..... (2.0).

If I keep spending $200-$400 every couple of weeks on other stuff....

I'm never gonna get them TSW's. So hard to stay focused I tell ya.

Tell me about it...was trying to save a bit for my mods, but instead I'm going shopping tomorrow for a new turn signal lens for the passenger side (of the Explorer-luckily not the SHO) since my wife decided to mod the turn signal, I just finished picking the little pieces out of the driveway this afternoon...and no, I have no idea of how she managed to break the turn signal lens by either hitting the hot tub deck or the side of the house.....

Tell me about it...was trying to save a bit for my mods' date=' but instead I'm going shopping tomorrow for a new turn signal lens for the passenger side (of the Explorer-luckily not the SHO) since my wife decided to mod the turn signal, I just finished picking the little pieces out of the driveway this afternoon...and no, I have no idea of how she managed to break the turn signal lens by either hitting the hot tub deck or the side of the house.....[/quote']

LOL Mark, similar thing happened here the other day.

When stuff happens, it's funny: nobody knows nuttin'... very strange ............... but true.:RpS_rolleyes:

Believe me, tho, and as you may have guessed, it's not worth pursuing .:caked::happy:

g/l with repairs and be happy it's not the SHO.

C.

Go to "SyncMyRide.com" and pull up your account. It will tell you if the update is available for your system and allow you to print out a form instructing the dealership on the procedure.

BTW - The dealer did not even know about this yet.

Brian

LOL Mark, similar thing happened here the other day.

When stuff happens, it's funny: nobody knows nuttin'... very strange ............... but true.:RpS_rolleyes:

Believe me, tho, and as you may have guessed, it's not worth pursuing .:caked::happy:

g/l with repairs and be happy it's not the SHO.

C.

Agree Colin, it wasn't a big deal, just something else to spend money on that wasn't anticipated, but at least the SHO has all it's parts back in place, and just found out we are getting a bit of a tax refund this year!

I have the 'job 2' 2010 which includes the trunk lid pull down

I appoligize in advance that this is off-topic, but any way to post a pic of the pull down? My 2010 MKS has no pull down and I wantr one. I am wondering if I could get an SHO pull down to work!

I have the 'job 2' 2010 which includes the trunk lid pull down.

I apologize in advance that this is off-topic' date=' but any way to post a pic of the pull down? My 2010 MKS has no pull down and I want one. I am wondering if I could get an SHO pull down to work?[/b']

Here's a pic of my trunk pull down as you requested.

I don't see why you couldn't make it work. Behind the carpeting the base of the latch has a hook on it, and there's a small rectangular hole in which the pull down base hangs from, then there are two screws that fasten it directly to the underside of the trunk lid itself.

Pretty easy IMO to drill out 2 holes and retro it onto your MKS trunk if that's what you desire to do. I know mine comes in pretty handy actually.

2012-04-11_14-26-36_373.jpg

I had my 2010 sho at ford for some other stuff and i told them i wanted to update to 3.2.5 and they said that the update was not for my sync and 3.1 was the latest update out. Has anyone but the guy who started this thread gotten the update to 3.2.5? If i have to i will go to a different dealer untill one does the update for me... reply if you have 3.2.5....thanks.

I had my 2010 SHO at Ford for some other stuff, & I told them I wanted to update to 3.2.5

They said that the update was NOT for my sync & 3.1 was the latest update out.

Has anyone but the guy who started this thread gotten the update to 3.2.5?

If I have to, I will go to a different dealer untill one does the update for me... reply if you have 3.2.5....thanks.

I had a used, older 2gb thumb drive laying around the house & went to the syncmyride website to DL the latest updates & couldn't get it to work.

Kept getting an error message saying I needed a clean, unused thumb drive.

So I deleted all the files that were on it, and tried it again, still got an error message.

So, went to the store, bought a brand spanking new 4gb drive & tried it a 3rd time..... still got an error message.

At that point, growing frustrated, I went to the online chat help tab & spoke with the very friendly rep there.

She determined by looking up my VIN, that at some point in the past, my Dealer (unbeknown to me) had already updated mine to V3.1

I was also informed that this IS the latest version for my 2010 SHO.

So I thanked her for her time and verifying everything etc. & that's where I left it at.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Archived