Ecoboost Owner Forums

Engine Hood Vents For My SHO (Completed 05/25/12)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they look fantastic.

Have you figured out how to solve the weather/water issue yet?

Thanks..... they should turn out sharp.

As far as your question goes..... NOPE.

Not much of a concern quite honestly.

The engine compartment is not, by any means, a waterproof / water tight enclosure.

I don't see it being an issue.

On a side note, I did just return home from the body shop. Boys were busy over there, but they did take about 15min look over things, taking pics, etc. etc.

There are other influencing factors I will have to coordinate on my end as far as a loaner car, etc.

But hopefully I'll have some idea of a price range in a reasonable time. It's Friday and they're wrapping up other customers projects before the weekend kicks off.

Hey Mike' date=' I am thinking about a set for the top of my roof, to get rid of all the BS that comes out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b']

Now that right there is pure comedy.....

I actually thought for a brief moment that maybe Fiat/Chrysler used the venting of your BS as inspiration to produce those retractable cloth roofs on their 500's.....

fiat-500c-drop-top-open-003.jpg

:boink:

:bolt:

• 2 weeks later...

Recalled my body shop friends, was told by the Office Mgr. the guy work'n on my quote is out of the shop this week due to one of his kids having undergone some type of surgery.

He's expected to be back in the office on Monday, 05/21/12.

But I suspect if he (and his brother as they are co-owners) are both off, they'll probably have a backlog of work awaiting their return.

Just wanted to provide an update. I'd like to get these installed though.

Sooner, rather than later.

Got a quote back today and they are requesting my SHO to be dropped off Wednesday morning (this week) to facilitate install.

Trying to do what I can on my end to coordinate a loaner vehicle to make this happen. If I can avoid the additional expenses of actually renting a vehicle, I will.

Get'n a lil more excited think'n this may get actually get accomplished

:whoo: :dance:

Can't wait to see it all put together, I think it will be a real hit!

Can't you just bring home a cruiser, or something from the impound yard???

Yea, I'm think'n they'll turn out pretty well also :thumb:

Even better knowing they'll offer up some degree of functionality as well I might add.

I did succeed in making arrangements for a loaner vehicle, so looks like this mod/project (barring any hiccups) should be completed by the end of this week.

I'll repost accordingly.

Mark, long gone are the days where one can simply "borrow" a car from the motor pool..... that practice ended 10+ years ago my friend. Fat chance of seeing that happening on the taxpayers dime.

I know you were just joking, but seriously though, I'm a Michael, trouble gravitate's around me naturally, I don't need to help further the cause along by doing something stupid like that.

Yikes :tape2:

Mike... you needed to sign up for some of that DOWNTOWN overtime occurring this week.... Just a WALK in the park... so to speak!!!!

IKR?

Actually, most Suburban Departments were put on notice that page outs and/or calls for assistance (to CPD) would be going out via ILEAS and to be prepared accordingly.

I think that the overall turnout of the protesters was much MUCH less than originally anticipated. Not sure if the G8 having been yanked had anything to do with that (or not), but kudo's should go out to not only my fellow brethren for their (overall) decorum, but also to that of the protester's themselves (for the most part) who were fairly orderly.

I enjoyed a private chuckle when I saw news coverage of CPD & ISP preparing to don their gas masks...... I recalled when our agency were 1st issued those years ago that I joked (to my own co-workers) about wearing it to routine service calls just to scare the crap outta of people.

I did it and it worked.

People were so overwhelmed by the entire get up, that they completely forgot about their own problems and asked me wth was going on and if they should be like taking any precautions, etc.

All involved (at each call I responded to) laughed afterwards, not only knowing I was being a goof, but also laughed realizing, in the grand scheme of things, the problems they may have been bickering about, were/are really trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I like problem solving in odd ways. Always have. I'm not your traditional po po that's for sure :mod:

See EBB, I'm almost as nutty as you, you goof :der: :loco:

First, I hope you can get your heat extractor work done ASAP, I really think they will be a great new addition to your car...will be awaiting photos. Next, funny you mention the Fiat in an earlier post, my sister-in-law recently purchased one and my son is having a fit...he can't believe anyone would want anything like that. And finally, you are so right about the gas masks, when you combine a mask with a riot helmet, body armor, and a shield or baton...it is amazing how quickly you can change a person's attitude!

Well...... it's official.

Dropped my baby off at the body shop this morning for her cosmetic procedure.

Coorelating my SHO's surgical procedure with my own recent shoulder operation when family members were wishing me well and what not....

I leaned in and gave my pal at the body shop a great big hug and exclaimed outloud "No homo dude, but good luck, see 'ya when the procedure's done".

He laughed, as did all his co-workers.

Hahahahaha :behindsofa:

So I just got home after having retrieved the loaner vehicle from my mechanic pal (coincidentally an older Taurus SEL) and couldn't help but drive past the body shop & looks like they've already commenced working on her :fear:

:washing: So we are all just doing our homework...anxiously awaiting pictures of the install. I think it will look great. Hopefully you will get some photo's up if she gets done before the week-end. Looking forward to this very cool next mod! :thumb:

Got a call from my body shop friends.....

They measured, and measured, and measured again. Keeping in mind clearance issues and all the things going on under the hood itself, and then fab'd up their own custom templates.

Was advised they are moving onto the cutting portion of operation next, but in the interim, was pic text msg'd this image of where actual, final placement will be......

See/Refer to the pic below:

0523121442.jpg

So forward progress, albeit just a mere few hours after having dropped off my baby :eyebrows:

Archived