Ecoboost Owner Forums

GT500 Wheels / Photoshop?

So I might have a chance to pick up a set of stock 19x9.5" '11 GT500 wheels cheap (the split 5-spoke design). I know these should fit...I'm just unsure of backspacing on them. Any one know if these will for sure fit, or not? Also, if anyone could photoshop a set of them onto a silver SHO, I'd be much appreciative. :)

The mustang and SHO have different hub sizes I believe. Mustang is larger.

So you will lose your hub concentric location design and be relying on bolt pattern.

Hub Rings can solve the hub-centric situation. The bolt pattern for the Mustang and the SHO, MKS, MKT, Flex are all the same. The 18" wheels I purchased for my Flex came from the Mustang selections on TireRack's website. They were (8") 40 offset vs (8") stock 38. These ASA wheels are quite close to touching the calipers, especially when I replaced the rotors and installed new pads. It is possible for a wheel to fit with worn pads, and later rub when new pads are installed. A 3 mm spacer can be successfully used with the stock wheel studs. Anything thicker, requires longer studs and works best with a spacer with a built in hub flange.

The biggest issue you could have with 9 1/2" wheels is whether they stick out too far, or if the offset is not great enough, that they might rub on the calipers. Generally, the wider the wheel, the more limitation as to offset variation.

Hub Rings can solve the hub-centric situation. The bolt pattern for the Mustang and the SHO, MKS, MKT, Flex are all the same. The 18" wheels I purchased for my Flex came from the Mustang selections on TireRack's website. They were (8") 40 offset vs (8") stock 38. These ASA wheels are quite close to touching the calipers, especially when I replaced the rotors and installed new pads. It is possible for a wheel to fit with worn pads, and later rub when new pads are installed. A 3 mm spacer can be successfully used with the stock wheel studs. Anything thicker, requires longer studs and works best with a spacer with a built in hub flange.

The biggest issue you could have with 9 1/2" wheels is whether they stick out too far, or if the offset is not great enough, that they might rub on the calipers. Generally, the wider the wheel, the more limitation as to offset variation.

Have you seen the size of GT500 calipers? If I had time. I would attempt this for reference (I have a '07 GT500).

Archived