Ecoboost Owner Forums

Help with Canton coolant tank

h1h0silver

Anyone have experience with these? My wife is driving my Lightning and cant get the intercooler tank cap off. Apparently the stop and go created too much heat and popped the gasket for the cap and spewed everywhere. The cap is the bolt on style with the T-handle. Its too simple. But it appears to be stuck. Should she attempt to get cap off and refill tank or just drive it the hour back?

I had a lightning but I never switched the tanks. I had a heater hose blow on me after a spirited punch of the go fast pedal and that sprayed coolant everywhere. The truck overheated but apparently there is a safety feature in the truck that causes the valves in the heads to redirect air to vents in the block to aid in cooling. Once that happens you can limp the truck to a repair facility but can't go over 25-30 mph. Just get a stock tank, refill with the good stuff and burp the system.

I got nothing :noidea:

Apparently neither do the 8 other people who've viewed this thread as of this posting.....

YOU IS.. SOOO Clever.... And.. of course... 110% RIGHT... BURP... (It's true...)

Isn't there a truck stop or a gas station w/attendant that could help her... Don't want to blow it up...

Thanks for the look guys. Apparently it was the coolant overflow tank, not the intercooler one. I don't understand how you get left and rights so mixed up. The cap was a little stuck like you explained, Rick. The overall problem was due to a faulty relay for the electric fan. Bang the relay around a lil, wal-la, fan runs. Now I have the service engine soon light...

Archived