Ecoboost Owner Forums

EcoBoost vs The V8s!!!

Scrming

Hit the track yesterday... two more 12 second passes.. as 12.98 and a 12.95... and eight 13.0x passes. I did the dual GoPro setup....

[video=youtube;R-cysy9-Osc]

I think the guy in the red Trailblazer SS was PISSED... he did a friggin' RICER FLY-BY on me! Couldn't believe it! I lifted after going through the traps, and this guy go flying by me WOT! LOL!

Great job on the track as well as with the videos! Definitely more fun to watch them behind you... Very consistent performance! I wish you would have filmed yourself with that coprophagic grin!!!!!

What were the track conditions? Temp & DA? Do you like the way these tires hook up vs the RS-A's?

Looks to me that if you could get your 60' down to low 1.9, you might have been in the high 12.8's.

When you installed the Alky Control system, how hard was it to get the front off? Am thinking about the tranny cooler and doing it myself.

Bwahahahahaha......

You had me giggling like a lil girl at each and every kill :clap2:

....and holy sh!t at the Slow-maro you left in your wake :hail: ...... TWICE :first:

The dual screen GoPro video mode was pretty damn impressive indeed :thumb:

Almost damn near like SpeedTV had filmed it for one of their various shows......

OUSTANDING JOB ALL THE WAY AROUND :yo:

Thanks, guys! Had a BLAST yesterday!!!!

@Bob - Track was pretty well prepped for a change... was hooking really well... DA was up though. My previous 12.95 was with a DA of 65, yesterday it was about 575, so the weather conditions were a tad bit worse.. Did have more 1.9x 60's than I've ever had... Don't think I can really improve that... main thing is for me to go on a DIET!!! New tires work great... BTW... that make FOUR 12 second passes! ;) LOL!

@BDP - Thanks!!! Yes, the 2 camera setup turned out better than I imagined! When I was watching these at home, I was actually laughing out loud!

@showman04 - It was the R/T... there was also an SRT there but never got a chance to line up to with him... I had to SPEED down the return road so I could hurry up to line up with the R/T!!! LOL! BTW, the SRT was running 12.5s...

The SRT8 must not have been an 12'... Guy at Bradenton with 12' with stick couldn't get out of the mid 13's. No tuning was available at that time, and he also couldn't hook up. You now have more 12's than me!

My first and best was with the Conti DW's when it was cool but with a similar DA. Last 2 were with DR's and 75 deg, but with a similar DA. Fun Fun Fun! Since I have Trailer Tow and Vista Roof, I would think our vehicles would be similar in weight, or with mine the heavier of the 2. I weigh about 200.

Hit the track yesterday... two more 12 second passes.. as 12.98 and a 12.95... and eight 13.0x passes. I did the dual GoPro setup....

I think the guy in the red Trailblazer SS was PISSED... he did a friggin' RICER FLY-BY on me! Couldn't believe it! I lifted after going through the traps, and this guy go flying by me WOT! LOL!

Great job, man -- watched them a couple times.

You guys are good at the track. Great reaction times and very good 1/4's -- you surprised quite a few it seems.

Post more when you can. vid is awesome. love the rear view too.

Colin

Great job, man -- watched them a couple times.

You guys are good at the track. Great reaction times and very good 1/4's -- you surprised quite a few it seems.

Post more when you can. vid is awesome. love the rear view too.

Colin

Thanks!!!

Yeah, the 2 camera setup turned out better than I had hoped!!!

Not sure what it is about the Flex, but for some reason I seem to be able to cut good lights! I've got 5 slips with an R/T of .0xx and 4 that are .1xx...

You definitely gave that camaro a thorough ass whoopin. Its insane how fast that Flex is. Now if I could only get my SHO to cut those times. Lol.

LOL! I showed the Mrs. the video (who hates all things automotive!) and when she seen the Camaro first runs she was "I think he just gave up... " LOL!

Archived