Ecoboost Owner Forums

Thinking of Buying a 2013 SHO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate the stereo. When you have a song with a little bass the speakers in the back rattle. And that's not blasting it. That's being conservative. I also hate how you can't input address directions into the nav while you are moving but there is a mod that you can buy to change that. Other than that' date=' the car is an absolute wonder. Love it![/quote']

Are you aware there is a TSB that addresses the rattle in the back, and the device you are talking about is the Lockpick. From what I've heard those that have gotten a Lockpick love the additional flexibility it gives to the system.

I got to test drive one today. I was very impressed and really liked it. I was worried about how I would like the way the transmission shifted but it was fairly firm and quick and I agree, it definitely does not feel like it is as big as it is. The only things I didn't like was the space, or lack thereof, inside the center console and the rear fold down center arm rest was too low and kind of flimsy.

Are you aware there is a TSB that addresses the rattle in the back' date=' and the device you are talking about is the Lockpick. From what I've heard those that have gotten a Lockpick love the additional flexibility it gives to the system.[/quote']

For real!? I need to look at the list of all the TSBs. If they could get rid of that rattle that would be most excellent.

You'll like those shifts and responsiveness even more so with an aftermarket tune.

Glad to hear that you FINALLY got some well deserved seat time in one.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I hear the tunes are definitely the best bang-4-the-buck mod you can do on these cars. SonicSHO damn near broke 12's with just a tune a CAI. Without question, my next performance mod.........

Welcome I have 2011 w/pp and the other thing you cann't get is blins-side warning I would've like to had that. I've 24kmi on mines , have had LMS tune for about 3500mi all good Thanks Rick. A frist boo-boo report I bump a curve(parking lock) knocked alignment out the electronic steering did not let my know until I saw left fwr tire wear. (and the sunmer F1 will wear fast) but not the car fault all me. Rick w/LMS TUNES said the w/PP will be a little faster. Last yr (stock) ran 13.7 on 95deg day last friday w/LMS on a 1/8mi track turn 7.89. OH PS OUT RUN TWO 2012 5.0L MUSTANG.:laser: :RpS_thumbsup: :first:

I just bought the 2013 with the PP and I love it. I went from a modded 2002 WRX and I believe the butt dunno says this car would smoke it. I only have 524 miles on it but I'm in love.

Pretty damn cool you made such a quick transition here to EB Forums :thumb:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see some pics of your 2013 beauty.....

Make an intro thread and post them there so we can all drool collectively :RpS_drool:

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a harder time than I was expecting with getting rid of my Mustang. I want to test drive the SHO again to see some more specific qualities but the biggest thing holding me back is the fear that I will regret letting the Mustang go.

I have no regrets either. I might be bias but i came from a car with no power and no bells and whistles (2005 dodge stratus 4cyl)

I absolutly love my SHO. I would rather see physical harm come to myself than my car. It is great having all the room and comfort of a good ride, but when you want to get crazy just stomp on the gas. And getting compliments on my car never gets old. =P

I went by a dealership today and looked at the X-Plan invoice and saw a fuel charge of $75 on top of the destination/delivery charge and some sort of advertising charge of almost $700. Anyone know what that is? I don't remember seeing that when I bought my Mustang. Are those normal charges now or should I be questioning those. Besides that I've pretty much decided to get one just working on trade-in negotiation for the Mustang now.

Not entirely sure on those mark ups....

An added fuel charge would seem appropriate as I'm sure given current fuel prices, that transporters, and/or the dealer's cost(s) to fill the tank or what have you would be tacked on.

Probably ok.

Advertising cost(s)? WTH is that? Never heard of that..... AT ALL :noidea:

Sounds like a load of crap if you ask me..... I'd question that one too if I was in your shoes.

Otherwise, glad to hear you're finally coming around.... as others, including myself have said, over and over, and OVER again......

You'll enjoy your new SHO TREMENDOUSLY!

I went by a dealership today and looked at the X-Plan invoice and saw a fuel charge of $75 on top of the destination/delivery charge and some sort of advertising charge of almost $700. Anyone know what that is? I don't remember seeing that when I bought my Mustang. Are those normal charges now or should I be questioning those. Besides that I've pretty much decided to get one just working on trade-in negotiation for the Mustang now.

Good luck on the deal!

Archived