Ecoboost Owner Forums

Northern Virginia mustang club drag day

Jojomofo21

Well I headed out to mason Dixon dragway Saturday hoping to get in the 12s. Needless to say I didn't, but still gave those mustangs a run for their money. I don't know why I'm not hitting 12s but at least it's consistent. ;) here's a couple videos an my time slips.

[ATTACH]481[/ATTACH]

(redlit) :)

post-47-142532293512_thumb.jpg

post-47-142532293512_thumb.jpg

Great #'s ,We (SHO's) were kicking MUSTANG BUTTS all weekend http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mijybOy1w I have out run stock 2011 and older mustang last yr stock. This weekend with LIVERNOIS I beat down two 2012 5.0L MUSTANG, Who had kill off a challenger & Impalla SS. Sorry about the video (got it me somebody who knows how to shoot a movie):help: PS Jojo do you have PP? Rick said SHO's w/PP would be a little quicker off the line. I have it and this track was only a 1/8mi but my worse time was 9.2 (my bag:boom:) best time was 7.89 (and I LOST TO 72 NOVA with that time) both the 12 MUS I WAS 8.26 -8.09 . As the night got cooler runs got better.

I have a non pp SHO with an airaid intake, magnaflow catback and a livernois stage 4+ tune. I took everything out of my trunk including the spare and jack. I even removed the engine cover hoping for 12's but no luck. :( oh well guess its time for a w/m kit! I wish they made turbo upgrades.

I have a non pp SHO with an airaid intake' date=' magnaflow catback and a livernois stage 4+ tune. I took everything out of my trunk including the spare and jack. I even removed the engine cover hoping for 12's but no luck. :( oh well guess its time for a w/m kit! I wish they made turbo upgrades.[/quote']

May be a turbo upgrade in the near future...in fact there "is" a turbo upgrade but they need to be tested first.

Good job guys...Hoping to get to the track this week with the new tires...hopefully 11's!

Here's the stats from the drag day.

Temp 45 degrees

Elevation is 550 above sea level

DA -732

I am running Yokohama avid envigors (brand new) 245/45/20 @ 32 lbs.

Also changed the plugs to denso iridiums and fresh mobile1 5w20 the day before. Don't think it gets much better than that. And don't worry I will keep the secret. ;)

MOTHER!!!! a Negative DA of over 700!!!!! Last time I ran in Jan, at Bradenton, FL (Alt 30) the temp was 70+ and DA was over +500. With front slicks, I still had 2 12 sec. runs + a 13.0 in the Brick. Smaller/ lighter tires which produce an adjusted 3.40 axle ratio definitely helps.

Archived