Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tuned by Torrie@UnleashedTuning

Met Torrie. Great guy. Gave me lots of information, not only on the SHO, but tuning in general. Also got to drool on his twin turbo Ford GT and his Rousch.

He claimed good for 60ish whp. Definitely feels like it. Adjusted shift pressures. It's the beast I dreamed of after the 1st month off the showroom floor. Now to get some brakes to even things up, pipes to show the go, and aesthetics.

My setup - stock w/pp - 34k miles- family car - wife driven since 28k (except when we go as a family)

In normal daily driving, you won't notice much difference as both improve the shifting. I find that to be the most noticeable part of the tunes. Only real way to tell Performance difference would be at the strip. I did install the Livernois top tune, before 4+, for one run at 1/8 mi strip, but accidentally left w/m spray on, so it negated any comparison. Tune performance is hurt by w/m, if the tune is not modified for the advantages of the spray.

Because I went beyond just tunes, and have used several performance mods, in addition to them, I have been very happy with Torrie's help and tuning. So... if that is your goal, and you live beyond a reasonable commute to Livernois HQTR's, Torrie is your best choice. But... both are very good at what they do.

Interestingly, after having Ford change my Strategy Code, I ran the new Ford Stock tune all the way back from FL to IA. Two things were evident: #1. The tranny shifting in stock tune is greatly improved over the original stock tune when built. #2. My mileage seemed to suffer at least 1 mpg, though I didn't do a real calculation, just looked at how many miles I was getting between fill ups. However, that could have been due to weather conditions, and driving style. Got caught in two 1 hr traffic delays, which certainly affected fuel mileage. Flex was certainly "peppy" considering we were fully loaded, likely 500 lbs of junk, plus wife, dog & me. Feels stronger than when new... but who knows if it really is.

Not sure when I will take it back to the Strip, but will definitely do a couple stock runs, and then perhaps a few comparison runs without W/M or 3 bar setup. Likely next fall or winter, as I plan on Stripping with the 09' G8 this summer.

• 1 month later...

I am already using LMS tune but decided to give Unleashed Tuning a try; I installed the 91 Performance Firm Shift + Boost. I've only had a few short WOT runs but so far my initial butt dyno assessment is "Exhilarating". At this point it's too early to tell if there is a marked difference between LMS and Unleashed tunes or if one is better than the other (they both give me Permagrin...that is good enough for me). One advantage you get with Torrie's tune (Unleashed Tuning) is the post sale calibration support.

I can tell you guys that EcoBrick Bob was not exaggerating; Torrie is an awesome dude. His customer service is comparable to LMS (which are both exceptional). Both of these companies are so GREAT that I would not be able to choose one over the other. If you have the funds I would highly recommend having both tunes and if you already have the SCT X3, Torrie will sell you just the tune files.

• 1 month later...

My SHO is also Torrie tuned and I've been happy with the results!

I've also ordered a methanol kit a couple of days ago! The install will be my vacation project in a couple weeks.

I have a ELM327 Bluetooth scanner and the Torque android application. I'll be able to test out the 0-100kph in stock, 93 octane and methanol tune :D can't wait to see the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

2 of my 12.9's were this winter at Bradenton, on a sunny, humid 75 deg. day. Have video to prove the Brick's quick... where I beat a 2012 Vette... the same day, with a 13.0. Posted elsewhere on EBOF.

Torrie is also tuning my G8 GT, with headers, non-DOD cam & 3,000 stall. I turned a 12.501 with it before stall converter and with serious bogging. Torrie definitely knows his tuning stuff, and will work with you till it's running great. However... he has yet to be able to get my Brick to come close to his Miami Mile times... LOL

However... he has yet to be able to get my Brick to come close to his Miami Mile times... LOL

I'd ask for a refund! LOL

on a side note, my water/meth kit is finally at the Canadian customs about 5miles away from my home. I should get it Friday if I'm lucky :D

I also ordered a few goodies from devil's own. Filtered tank taps, check valve and 1 gallon tank. I'll link the new tank to my windshield washer tank for a higher capacity of water/meth mix as I'll use it for windshield washing as well.

I have lots of pix but believe Torrie has a pix of it on his website too.

This pix probably shows my methanol injection system as well as my Custom Rotofab CAI. The methanol pump is on the upper left and is mounted behind the radiator coolant tank. You can see the lines running from the Windschild washer tank to the pump and from the pump to the bottom of the Throttle body intake hose, where the spray nozzle is located. The boost sensor is mounted below the wiper tray on the far right. it is activated by the vacuum hose that starts just to the left of the throttle body. the boost sensor sends a signal to the relay, just to the left of it, which then turns the pump on or off depending on boost psi detected. I have a lighted on/off switch inside under the dash edge by the steering wheel.

IMG_3264.jpg

Archived