Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd1151's Meth Injection Install.....

Wow! This thread grew fast. I'm not sure of my exact numbers to be honest. Maybe Rick has something he can post or I'll gladly go in there for a couple numbers only dyno pulls.

I can say I make enough power to run a 12.13 at the end of last season!

Drivetrain wise (knock on wood!) I haven't had a single issue. It's been tuned for about 36,000 miles now and no issues whatsoever.

I don't go thru nearly the methanol that Mikes been going thru...I went thru close to 5 gallons all year last year. I too run a 100% VP M1.

Hoping to get to the track soon! Got a serious itch. Hopefully with the new tires I can hit 11's. Otherwise I'm sure someone will run an 11 this year!

Hit me up when you want to go to the track, I've got that itch too.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gone thru 3 gal of 50/50 & 2 gal 100% in a whole year of testing. And...this is also used to clean my windshield! Works great on buga.... and if they're stubborn... I just spray more and light a match!!!!!!

Boom Boom POOF!

If you don't drag race every granny from every stoplight...like Mike... you won't go thru 5 gal in a summer... unless you are at the strip 24/7!

SCRATCH WHERE IT ITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit me up when you want to go to the track' date=' I've got that itch too.[/quote']

Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm planning on the latest being Wednesday. Might try over the weekend if the weathers nice. Want to see the NT05s in action

All right guys!

Here it goes: For a while I have been dreaming about that meth injection kit... I took a brake of mods during the winter(I still had the gauge pod installed, clear bra and rear bumper guard installed and lamin-x of tail lights redone a third time because of stupid chrome peeling off a second time...). Anyways, I gave a call to Rick at LMS to get info about their kit. I had put this project on hold for two reasons: 1 ) I had in mind that they were the only that could install that kit since I want their tune that goes with it and 2 ) Since I live in Canada and it is about 10 hours ride to get there, it was a bit of a turn off - either I needed to take a week off or pay 1,500$ to have my car delivered to LMS shop.

But, reading this post just illuminated me : I could have the kit delivered, have someone local do the installation and then ask Rick to email me a tune accordingly to the addition (since they already have dynotuned other SHO or Flex with similar setup, I guess I would get most of the additional power... I could eventually visit them and have the car dynotuned in the future...

So, Mike: you are mentioning approx 15 hours for the install, but you also mention that you were two spending 3 hours a night for 5 nights... in my book that gives about 30 hours total... unless you were beside your friend holding his beer lol... What can I expect realistically if I mandate someone at a local shop?

I am currently running 12.6 at 111+mph, would hoping to go under 12's be a realistic goal with this investment?

Thanks guys!

Steve

For a while I have been dreaming about that meth injection kit...

I gave a call to Rick at LMS to get info about their kit.

I had put this project on hold for two reasons:

1 ) I had in mind that they were the only that could install that kit since I want their tune that goes with it...

2 ) Since I live in Canada and it is about 10 hours ride to get there, it was a bit of a turn off - either I needed to take a week off or pay 1,500$ to have my car delivered to LMS shop.

But, reading this post just illuminated me.

I could have the kit delivered, have someone local do the installation and then ask Rick to email me a tune accordingly...

So, Mike.... you mention approx 15 hours for the install.

What can I expect realistically if I mandate someone at a local shop?

Lot's of great questions there Steve!

I am glad my post encouraged you to green light this project for yourself.

I found your post enlightening as well because I found myself in almost the exact same position as yourself.

I couldn't really afford to take off of work to bring my car to LMS for install, and nor could I really afford to being saddled with a rental, and/or hotel stays in their area while this kit was being installed.

Thus my reason why I had many conversations with Rick about the necessity of making this as complete of a "plug-n-play" type of kit as possible.

I pleaded my case saying that it would be unrealistic to expect that potential buyers of this product would also be able to arrange install at their facility. I also suggested that in the interest of over all sales, it would be most beneficial for LMS to develop a kit and sell it out right accordingly, w/o the expectations of installs as well.

It was my intent (as it is with all of my "How-To's") to not only provide information to individual owners, and be able to encourage them that they each can achieve similar successes with various mods, but also to encourage Vendor's to produce after market product, which in turn, would help increase sales and overall profits.

In my mind, it's a win/win for all involved parties.

So I am glad to see you post up what you have, for me, it reaffirms my beliefs I held many months ago (still do hold to this day), and I hope it helps foster additional future sales respectively.

As far as total install time goes.....

Remember, I take pictures along the way. I also work at a relaxed pace. Keep in mind that my mechanic friend is the owner of his own repair facility and as such, there were several times in which he had to break away in order to attend to other customers, his employees, or any other distractions, that well, distracted him, LOL.

We did work together at times, at other times, I worked by myself.

Either way, in total, my mechanic friend tried as best as he could, to "block out" a 3 hour window per day for me and this meth kit install. But we also simultaneously installed my gauges as well.

I would say that realistically, a one man operation, performing this install, w/o interruption, would probably take anywhere from 9-12 total labor hours.

But that's just my guess. What another facility may quote you, is entirely on them and your arrangement with same.

Keep the community informed on your progress, I wish you success on your install (whenever that occurs for you) and thanks again for providing your insight as you have posted.

I would suspect that there are many others like you out there, that will also decide to green-light their own meth purchases/installs based on your input.

Great write up Mike ad thank you.

I have been waiting some time for you to do this.

Pure inspiration.

Your welcome Chris.....

Honestly, it was a lot of work, having taken about 2.5 hours alone just to complete this write up and coordinate all of the pictures, provide respective information etc. etc.

I know that you personally were waiting on this write up, and have also been another "hold out" on purchasing this kit for yourself, much like it sounds like Steve was from his own perspective.

I felt compelled though to really hunker down and get this done though since you have been so instrumental yourself Chris in getting various projects either started, or completed for me.

So for that my friend, the "THANKS" goes out entirely to you. :hail:

Mike' date=' if your car or anyone's vehicle that has this installed, needs to go to dealer, is it practical to be able to remove everything and return to stock? What would "FORD" say if one didn't?????[/quote']

They would look at it in awe, then proceed to tell you how your warranty is sooooo voided.

Hell, I rolled in with H&Rs and tinted windows and they're mouths were on the ground.

Mike' date=' if your car or anyone's vehicle that has this installed, needs to go to dealer, is it practical to be able to remove everything and return to stock? What would "FORD" say if one didn't?????[/b']

Ha! :nono:

That my dear Watson, is what is termed in legal circles as "leading the witness". :brick:

I tactfully throw down the "objection" card and plead the 5th. :lalala:

Although I will add, fostering good relations with the staff at your local Service Dept. is tantamount to requested warranty coverage. :bolt:

Ok, it is official, my credit card has been debited by Livernois for them to ship me my meth injection kit... I am very excited about it! I am salivating to the idea of flirting with the 11's at the strip! I found a good speed shop that are experienced with building race cars, some of which using methanol. The guy in question is 44 yo and is doing that since he is 17. Plus, he was referred to me by a friend. It is not a one guy shop, but rather a mini Livernois... they buy their cars and modify them. They are a team of 15-20 people. I find it reassuring. The install won't be cheap at 98? per hour, but it will still be a cheaper and easier option than to ship my car to Detroit to have LMS doing the install... It would have been my first choice, but the logistic causes problems for me.

Anyways, Rick has ordered the kit and next week it should be shipped to my placed using USPS. Hopefully I can have the install done in about 2-3 weeks. Summer is not that long up here, so the sooner the better to enjoy it!

Thanks again Mike for the how-to, I will certainly give it to the guy for him to read it so that the install will be taking less time...

My name is Steve, I'm an addict lol!

This forum is very cool, but like my wife tells me, the more time I spend on the forum, the more money I spend on the car! lol

To everyone it's addiction... At least I don't drink (at least not too much.. except during fishing trips) and I don't do drugs...

Cheers all! Looking forward to sharing the install experience and mostly the experience of driving the beast after install!

Steve ; )

You won't be disappointed that's for sure!!

I agree wholeheartedly!

Congrats on the purchase and keep the community posted as to how your install goes and all of fun experiences you have afterwards! :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome write-up Mike!! (I didnt expect less though).

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure how I didn't see this thread sooner...

I'm glad your enjoying the new found power! Have fun and be safe my friend!!

Rick

Thank you Rick for chiming in......

Besides helping out individual owners, my hope was to also help out your company in the form of increased sales.

I hope that both have occurred since my having posted this thread.

Like I said, my mechanic pal was quite impressed with the quality of the kit itself, and he positively commented on that same fact, all throughout the installation process.

I am definitely enjoying the new found power.....

I'll add that my developing METH consumption/habit/addiction may red flag me from my employer's perspective.....

Tee hee hee.... :behindsofa:

Thank you Rick for chiming in......

Besides helping out individual owners, my hope was to also help out your company in the form of increased sales.

I hope that both have occurred since my having posted this thread.

Like I said, my mechanic pal was quite impressed with the quality of the kit itself, and he positively commented on that same fact, all throughout the installation process.

I am definitely enjoying the new found power.....

I'll add that my developing METH consumption/habit/addiction may red flag me from my employer's perspective.....

Tee hee hee.... :behindsofa:

Very much appreciated sir!

:D

So Mike, now that you have had the meth kit installed for a bit, what are your impressions of it? Power gains, fuel consumption, and overall thoughts about the meth injection. Curious to hear your review...BTW, again you did a great job with this thread and the photo's of the install!

Mike,

I think this is great as far as it goes... but would like you to do a tear-down of the intake & heads with pix so we can see just how clean the inside is. And a check of the pistons and rods would'nt be a bad idea either! LOL

BPD's Engine Cleaner MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Mike' date=' now that you have had the meth kit installed for a bit, what are your impressions of it? Power gains, fuel consumption, and overall thoughts about the meth injection. Curious to hear your review...BTW, again you did a great job with this thread and the photo's of the install![/quote']

I can add my thoughts and opinion...I think it's a great mod! Power gains? I picked up about .5 in a 1/4 dropping my times from 12.6s to 12.1s. Fuel consumption is really the same...doesn't really affect gas mileage...as far as methanol goes...I went thru about 6 gallons since the install last spring. I think it's the second best mod next to tuning...more thoughts in a bit

I can add my thoughts and opinion...I think it's a great mod! Power gains? I picked up about .5 in a 1/4 dropping my times from 12.6s to 12.1s. Fuel consumption is really the same...doesn't really affect gas mileage...as far as methanol goes...I went thru about 6 gallons since the install last spring. I think it's the second best mod next to tuning...more thoughts in a bit

Darelli,

Do you have yours on all the time or is it only for track use?

Thanks,

Archived