Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois Tune comments

Rick at Livernois did a great job with customer service for me. The stage 4 tune is AWESOME. This big beotch woke up and now feels very strong. I can't wait to take it down the track. I love the way the trans responds to stabbing the gas. It shifts right now and the car pulls very hard. I like the torque management application in the stock tune, but with the stage 4 tune I barely know it's off under normal driving. Even with AWD I can hit the gas in first chirping all the way out and get a good bark hitting second which is perfect for showing a little muscle in the right situations. I am running stock Michelin's but even on concrete the car fights for traction and hits second hard.

I finally got a chance to tangle with a Charger RT and that car was dominated by my Taurus. :loco::loco::loco::loco:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I'll post track results very soon. I bet this car runs as good as my 03 Cobra did wwwaaayyyy back in 02 when it was bone stock. I ran 13-13.4 at 107-110 and I am not that good at shifting. I can't wait to just stab it and hang on. I am going to stage shallow and brake toque it just enough to pop off the line and then sit back and feel it tick off a 13.?? maybe even a high 12??? and enjoy the ride. I won't be surprised if I tick off a high 12. This car feels like it. Twin turbo V6, who woulda thunk?

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight. Have been running the 2010 as purchased-used-stock for 15 months. LOVE the car. However, as i understand from all the comments i have read on tunes, i could boost performance, shifting, and increase-slightly-MPG. Sounds great. This car is used as a daily driver-well semi-daily. Not in it every day, but when I am I enjoy it and drive spiritedly. It will never see the track, but it will see some winding roads and lots of interstate, not to mention mixed city highway. Have only ever run 93. So the question becomes will I benefit/enjoy/use the tunes if purchased?

So the question becomes will I benefit/enjoy/use the tunes if purchased?

Hi Double c,

Having the tune will make you experience a condition called PermaGrin (as someone said in the past!!):RpS_thumbsup::becky:

My 2011 is a daily driver (70% street and the rest is freeway driving). Once you install the tune, guaranteed you will not want to bring it back to stock. The car just gains a totally different personality. Mine drives like stock except for the faster shifting (which is great); that is until you stomp on the gas and it starts romping through the gears with no mercy. It never fails to amuse my kids when I do that...priceless!!

Mel pretty much said it all.

I have run both tuners tunes in daily driving, spirited driving and on long multi-day trips with no issues. Unless you have had shifting or hesitation issues with your stock tune, you will not really notice any difference, until you get on it. Everything just works better and more together.

This car is used as a daily driver-well semi-daily.

It will never see the track, but it will see some winding roads and lots of interstate, not to mention mixed city highway.

Have only ever run 93.

So the question becomes will I benefit/enjoy/use the tunes if purchased?

Simply stated........ YES!

Your driving habits, and usage describe the majority of members here......

ALL who have thoroughly enjoyed the enhanced performance benefits of an after market tune!

Just go get it, seriously.

I'm over 30K strong on my LMS tune and no problems to report whatsoever.....

Well other than that elusive "Permagrin" condition plastered across my ugly mug :yo:

So let me get this straight. Have been running the 2010 as purchased-used-stock for 15 months. LOVE the car. However' date=' as i understand from all the comments i have read on tunes, i could boost performance, shifting, and increase-slightly-MPG. Sounds great. This car is used as a daily driver-well semi-daily. Not in it every day, but when I am I enjoy it and drive spiritedly. It will never see the track, but it will see some winding roads and lots of interstate, not to mention mixed city highway. Have only ever run 93. So the question becomes will I benefit/enjoy/use the tunes if purchased?[/quote']

Oh my gosh, you will not believe how much more you will love the car if you go with the tunes. When I first got the car I thought it was great, but after getting the tunes that "Permagrin" thing happened to me. They make the car just that much better. It's hard to believe but you will never regret pulling the trigger on the tune!

Archived