Ecoboost Owner Forums

You guys see the Performance Package promo vid?

Paulford8

Looks like Ford produced this to promote their performance package. They are doing a good job... I was coming out of a pizza place the other day and this older gentleman in an Edge says "aaaya is that the Taurus SHO Carl Edwards drives in the commercial? Want to trade me?"

You know I'd love to have the PP but having lived with the ACC it would be tough to give it up. It makes using cruise so much sweeter in real world traffic and allows you to keep the cruise engaged even in fairly heavy traffic since it will slow you down when something slower is in front of you and even apply the brakes if traffic slows rapidly while giving both audio and visual warnings. But having the PP would be sweet...too bad you can't have both.

You know I'd love to have the PP but having lived with the ACC it would be tough to give it up. It makes using cruise so much sweeter in real world traffic and allows you to keep the cruise engaged even in fairly heavy traffic since it will slow you down when something slower is in front of you and even apply the brakes if traffic slows rapidly while giving both audio and visual warnings. But having the PP would be sweet...too bad you can't have both.

Nice. Yes that would be nice to have both.

I like the fact that FORD has designed the PP with the thought of their true enthusiast's taking advantage of such an application.....

As well digging the fact that FORD has/is openly advertising and acknowledging such performance capabilites......

BEST of BOTH worlds in my humble opinion :bolt:

Their warranty police must be pulling their hair out with these videos and commercials with Carl Edwards..... LOL

No doubt. You brake something at the track and say "hey you had a race driver racing this thing in the commercial!"

I can do without the ACC, wish I had the PP on mine. Maybe a few years down the road I will trade in for one.

Archived