Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 fender vents on a 2010 SHO

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They confirmed that the price would be either $12 & change or $14 & change. I did not ask about delivery. Both prices were in the ballpark I expected after reading this thread so I committed and I'm going to wait for them to contact me. I hope they won't disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, something isn't right. List price on the SHO vents are $55.00 and like I said I paid $84.00 cost. If you are paying the $12 or $15, you are getting the regular TAURUS vents you already have, NOT THE 2013 SHO VENTS!!!! I got mine from Beach Ford in Va Beach. I deal with dipshits all day long on the phone at dealerships and parts depts, you MUST have a someone on the other end of the phone that knows what they are doing. The $36 price could be right though. Prices can vary from region to region, but the cheaper priced one in the teens, not what you want.

Guys' date=' something isn't right. List price on the SHO vents are $55.00 and like I said I paid $84.00 cost. If you are paying the $12 or $15, you are getting the regular TAURUS vents you already have, NOT THE 2013 SHO VENTS!!!! I got mine from Beach Ford in Va Beach. I deal with dipshits all day long on the phone at dealerships and parts depts, you MUST have a someone on the other end of the phone that knows what they are doing. The $36 price could be right though. Prices can vary from region to region, but the cheaper priced one in the teens, not what you want.[/quote']

When I was in the parts department, it was on Saturday. They could not call Ford till Monday (today). They looked it up on the system but the new parts were not listed as yet. They priced the old parts to get a ballpark and the assumption was made that the pricing should be similar since the only diference was cosmetic. If Ford quadrupled the price it must be because they know there will be a high demand for these to be retro'd and they will take advantage of our adiction. I expect to get a call back from my parts guy today and now I will expect to get a much higher quote. Thanks for the heads up. It's a rip off but I guess it's still worth it to me to do this mod.

It's interesting, but honestly, unless someone wants to remove all chrome, I wish they would have kept the same design as the taurus ones, but put the letters of SHO instead of Taurus... I find that it is a big piece of black plastic and beside showing that it is a SHO, there aren't any use for it... Actually, with our porr braking systems in the 2010-12 models, real ventilation would be much needed... So, on a silver car, I prefer the old look, but on a black car, these fenders, would look better... just my humble opinion... Still very nice what you did to your car OP... kuddos!

If you are, or were able to get them, you are very lucky indeed! Just talked to my Ford contact direct, all early additions are for assembly line only as there was a supply issue from vendor. There is no pricing, timeline or parts depot that has them to give right now. I'm suppose to have an answer within the next 30 days for mine. There not even listed on the PTS/Ford site!

The parts mgr, Dave, at my home Ford dealer found the part number, but says there is no price associated with it. He told me to check back June 1st as the first of the month is when Ford updates prices, numbers, etc in the parts data base.

Dave is a certified SHO nut, pointing out to me that at one time his family (in the 90's) owned 5 of them. I am sure if he can get me a pair and at their best price I will get them. I am willing to wait a bit.

Archived