Ecoboost Owner Forums

mystery icon instrument cluster system warning

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just when I thought we had this all figured out!

Oh well good news is if mine showed up right after my 4+ install maybe I don't have to feel like a doofus for not noticing it for all these miles.

That does not explain BPD who had it from day one.

Wonder if Rick has any thought on the subject?

Ha! Not to throw a monkey wrench into the equation.....

However, knowing I did say "since day one"......

That's probably not THE most accurate. I would say (trying to think back) that I discovered this nifty little icon around 1,800 miles on the clock.

However, my car was already tuned at that point as I didn't wait long to begin modding my SHO.

Hell, I tinted my windows on day 3 of ownership.

I did have a different vendor's tune, and didn't load up LMS tunes until about 3K on the clock.

So umm, yea............... there 'ya go....... monkey wrench tossed.

Go feast on that for a while, hahaha. :sorry:

Nope' date=' I have the 4+ installed and have had it installed for quite some time...still no icon. Did you have the tranny TSB performed on your car?[/quote']

Mark what 4+ tune are you running? The 4+ tune with the higher fan settings, I don't get the grade assist icon. However I do with 4+ with stock fan settings. And my car is a 2011, and never had this feature when stock.

Not sure which tune it is' date=' since it was sent to me shortly after it beccame available I would guess it has the stock fan settings but I don't know that for certain.[/quote']

Nope you have the higher fan settings then, this tune was developed for darrell and his 170 degree thermostat and radiator mod.

bpd' date=' what you are saying is that rick is now doing all 4+ tunes with the increased fan settings? i got my tune a little over/under a month ago and im interested to know if i got the upgraded fan settings[/quote']

I don't think they routinely change the fan settings... It's not necessarily an upgrade. I actually asked for it last year when I noticed it ran hot. Since swapped out radiators for Torries and put in a lower temp tstat

Yea I knew about that mode. I was talking about this "sport" M mode for the tranny for apparently non PP cars. Yea I don't use my flappy paddles due to the rev limiter being removed.

Side-note:

Also I've noticed that if you are above 35 mph you can't put it in sport mode on the PP. Under 35 while in motion the car will go into sport.

When I read this post I was a little surprised since I thought only the top end speed limiter was removed with the various LMS stage tunes. I contacted Rick and he stated only the speed limiter is removed. The rev limiter gets a slight increase, but is still intact...

bpd' date=' what you are saying is that rick is now doing all 4+ tunes with the increased fan settings? i got my tune a little over/under a month ago and im interested to know if i got the upgraded fan settings.[/b']

From what I understand, YES.

Perhaps shoot Rick (from LMS) a PM for ultimate verification though :yo:

That would probably help clarify a lot. All I know is that I do not have the icon or grade assist at this point. All I have for sure is that I do have 2 new coats of wax after today. Just finished adding the second coat!

When I read this post I was a little surprised since I thought only the top end speed limiter was removed with the various LMS stage tunes. I contacted Rick and he stated only the speed limiter is removed. The rev limiter gets a slight increase' date=' but is still intact...[/quote']

I was wondering about that... if rev limiter is gone... ZOOM:llama::llama::flypig::flypig::flypig:.... "BOOM":flame::target::target: ....GLOOM...:kev::kev::kev::violin::violin::amen:

When I read this post I was a little surprised since I thought only the top end speed limiter was removed with the various LMS stage tunes. I contacted Rick and he stated only the speed limiter is removed. The rev limiter gets a slight increase' date=' but is still intact...[/quote']

Not in manual mode. Dan told me there isn't a rev limiter in manual mode. In D, yes it's increased but still there

As Mike said, this is totally normal. The car going down the hill is normal.

All of the stage 4+ tunes have the fan on more than the stage 2 & 3 tunes.

Also, we don't remove the rev limiter in any of the modes.

-Rick

I cannot wait until I get my Livernois tune. ^^ Also, Rick, I don't mean to post off topic, but can you take a look at my idle question thread - it seems like you are the man who would know if I can do what I want on this.

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?534-Idle-adjustment-possible-without-a-tune

You will kick yourself for not getting the tune sooner, you won't believe how much better the car performs with the tune. Hhmm, also I wonder if Rick has any experience with the grade assist thing?

Ok back to the original topic. I came across a '10 SHO on the lot at my dealership the other day when I picked up my '13 fender vents. They let me start it up so I could check for the mystery "Grade Assist" car going down hill icon. Guess what ..... it wasn't there. The build date on this SHO is 02/10. Of course I'm assuming it didn't have a tune, but I think that is a safe bet. It just came in off of a corporate lease.

I'm thinking stage 4+ is at least a factor here. Hey the grade assist addition is a really fine little side benefit, if you have it. I don't think I had it pre tune and now I do. Just my luck I guess. Some others with 4+ don't . It would be nice to know why some do and some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived