Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois First ZL1 in the 9's - Vids and Info

Livernois Motorsports

See our website for our ZL1 specific packages. We can also build a package to fit your needs.

Specs:

Delivered by Rodger’s Chevrolet 4-27-12 (yes, we’ve only had it 2 weeks!)

2012 ZL1 Auto trans - Full weight with exception of wheels/tires

100% stock suspension

Stock trans w/ Livernois specific trans calibration

Stock catback

4,295 lbs. with driver

240 Miles :)

Mods:

Livernois Motorsports In-House CNC LSA Cylinder Heads

Livernois Motorsports Stage 2C High Lift Camshaft

Livernois Motorsports LSA Head Studs (Available soon)

Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Heat Exchanger (Available soon)

Livernois Motorsports Solid Supercharger Coupler

Livernois Motorsports Supercharger Pulley

Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Steel Idler Relocation Bracket w/ Metco Pulleys (Available soon)

Livernois Motorsports Spec’d Injectors

Livernois Motorsports Dual Fuel Pump Upgrade

Precision Industries Converter Built to Livernois Specs

Metco Oversize Crank Pulley Ring

Innovators West Oversize Balancer

Rotofab/Livernois Cold Air Intake (Available soon)

Stainless Works Longtube Headers & Connection Pipe

Hardened Pushrods

NGK TR6 Spark Plugs

160 Degree T-Stat

GM 90mm Throttle Body

Bogart 17” Wheels w/ Slicks & Skinnies

Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune

Dyno Results Stock:

476 RWHP / 476 RWTQ

The best pass 100% stock with 110 miles on the odometer was 12.41 @ 115.9 mph. It was traction limited and the track was extremely busy, so I didn’t get a good feel for the car and how to launch it.

Dyno Results Modified:

707 RWHP / 680 RWTQ (Roughly 850 crank HP)

Note: Our tuner Dan Millen was at the track with me all day logging each pass and getting more and more aggressive after each pass, so I’m sure the power was quite a bit higher than what we saw on the dyno.

I wouldn’t hesitate to daily drive the ZL1 with these mods (minus the wheels/tires).

I do plan on driving the car to Rodger’s Chevrolet for their show/open house tomorrow, then back to Milan on the stock wheels and Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials to see what it will run on 20’s.

The first pass off the trailer today, the car went 10.14 @ 138 MPH. Many of my launches were from just above idle and it was like a bracket car with several 10.0X-10.1X passes @ 138-141 MPH, and FINALLY on the last pass 9.87 @ 142 MPH!! Dan got pretty aggressive with the tune and told me to leave as hard as I could off the converter. We WERE going 9’s on this pass! I did the burnout, staged, then focused… not worrying about my reaction time (it was horrible as you can see), put it on the converter until it felt like it was going to roll forward and let it rip. I knew at the end of the track it was a good pass when I saw 145 mph on the heads up display.

We are also currently working with PSI Superchargers to improve the factory blower. Dan runs a PSI screw blower on his 3-Second 200+ MPH 1/8 mile race car.

Huge Thanks to:

GM for building an awesome car, Rodger’s Chevrolet, Milan Dragway for the great track, Innovators West, Metco, Mickey Thompson Tires, Precision Industries, Rotofab, Stainless Works… and the technicians at Livernois Motorsports!!!!!!

[video=youtube;fx-Rxh2BlPs]

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports

So.. the ZL-1 got into the 9's???? Seems impossible. A couple of guys with G8's are just now getting there and they have severely modified rides that weigh less than ZL-1. But.. I guess' date=' anything is possible.....[/b']

Ahem........ Bob, you were saying? :censored: :RpS_flapper: :fish:

Congrats once again Rick to you & the staff from LMS for your outstanding accomplishments :first:

So how much does this package set one back$$$$$$$$?

The packages (and prices) are each listed at the end of the video.....

Pause it, and you'll have the answer to your very own query my dearest Bobarina :P

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

For almost 4300lbs. that's unbelievable.....Huge kudos to the team Rick ... you've had the ZL-1 only about 2 weeks right????

These LS motors are absolutely f'n awesome with hp potential not heard of b4!

Kudos to you genii at Livernois for tapping into that potential.

Your heat exchanger has to be a must tho, for racers???? Would seem to be the ultimate in inter-cooling???

Rick , you're making us even more proud to have "LIVERNOIS" on (and in) our SHO's

Huge congrats on the accomplishments. After the glory days of the 50's 60's and early 70's we all thought real horsepower was gone forever.

We had no idea or inkling of what was in store for the enthusiast. Absolutely unbelievable!

C.

For almost 4300lbs. that's unbelievable.....Huge kudos to the team Rick ... you've had the ZL-1 only about 2 weeks right????

These LS motors are absolutely f'n awesome with hp potential not heard of b4!

Kudos to you genii at Livernois for tapping into that potential.

Your heat exchanger has to be a must tho, for racers???? Would seem to be the ultimate in inter-cooling???

Rick , you're making us even more proud to have "LIVERNOIS" on (and in) our SHO's

Huge congrats on the accomplishments. After the glory days of the 50's 60's and early 70's we all thought real horsepower was gone forever.

We had no idea or inkling of what was in store for the enthusiast. Absolutely unbelievable!

C.

:amen: What you guys have done is such a short time with the car is almost incredible, you should be very pleased with the results! Great work, and as always, I am very impressed!

Archived