Ecoboost Owner Forums

Southern California Meet up!

FLIP-4-SHO

"WHAT IF"

Well... We have such a great group of people here.

Was just thinking that some of us could get together somewhere in the future. Just to meet and say hey, face to face. Show off our cars, get ideas, just rap about stuff other than typing away. An hour or so.

Thought we could start throwing around some dates and times to see what works for us. Depending on how many want to show up would determine the place I think. If just a handful it could be at a restaurant parking lot or something, a park.

Was also thinking of starting up a club for this area. Nothing too fancy. Just a get together/forum for whom ever would want too, from this forum. Each area could have there own.

Over time, We could do runs and Sunday breakfasts somewhere. Drive PCH. My son meets with a Mustang club now and then and they have a blast.

Also there are car shows we could enter as a group. Check your area for stuff.

I don't know just a thought. It could be fun. What ya think? Maybe someone with experience could take control.

Other area's in the US and Canada could do the same.

We could do area divisions/chapters.

A special thread just for clubs. Then sub threads for the different area chapters.

Just thinking out loud. Chime in on what you think.

:RpS_w00t: Hell we could do VEGAS! :RpS_rolleyes:

Great idea(s) and great potential for events such as one's you are describing to actually occur.

Couple of thoughts......

1st, in the grand scheme of things, our EBOF community is still in it's infancy stages. We are off to an absolutely phenominal start!

The core group of members here can be proud of EBOF's continued growth and ALL of your contributions, large, or small, or anywhere inbetween have been a direct result of new members signing up practically weekly now.

In order to develop the sub groups that you are proposing, I would emplore current EBOF members to continue spreading the word about our community, and encourage new members to sign up, contribute, comment, post pics, etc etc.

Doing so will help foster the demand for these sub groups, or regional chapters, etc.

Again, we are still new all things considered.

I believe our ADMIN has set up the ability for each member to create user defined "groups". If you go to the "community" section located towards the top of the forums banner, you can find a tab under that title that simply reads "groups".

Click on it, and up will pop any current sub groups that have been created thus far.

Members can create their own group by clicking on the tab "create group".

For instance Flip..... you can create a SoCal Group. Then you'd want to go into recruiting mode and seek out any members from that region and invite them to join. Depending on how one sets up the group, members can join on their own, or it can be restricted to the creator of the group having the authority to approve membership, etc.

Facilitating and/or managing one's group would be the responsibility of the creator.

But that could be one quick way to start organizing local meets, etc.

Eventually, as the community grows, so will the groups, as well as the desire to start coordinating and scheduling regional meets and hell, maybe even someday a national EBOF meet.

I don't mind stepping in and helping out, it does take work, and the benefit is the memories created from participating in those meets. The new friendships forged, the commonalities of our cars, etc etc.

Biggest thing I can suggest is start spreading the word about our new home here.....

Start small and if you happen to see another fellow late model EcoBoost owner, no matter SHO, F150, MKS, etc.

If their car's parked, unoccupied, write down a nice comment about their car on a piece of paper, and simultaneously write down our EBOF website where the rest of us hang out, leave it on their car and hell, who knows, maybe they'll sign up here and everything would snowball from there.

I tell anyone I can as much about my SHO when people comment or ask me about it, especially when I'm at my local dealership..... i make it a point to say "Hey there's a lot of us that hang out on EBOF, you should check us out sometime and sign up".

Just my initial .02 cents on the subject, hopefully others will chime in as well.

I'm game for that.....

I guess it would be relatively convenient that me being located in a SouthWest suburb of Chicago that it is somewhat of a "centralized" location to everyone else.

Chicago pizza can't be beat and there's a ton of renowned micro-breweries in the area & hell, I know all the female employees and mgmt at the local Tilted Kilt.....

So umm yea..... i'm game for sure :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BPD1151 wrote : If their car's parked, unoccupied, write down a nice comment about their car on a piece of paper, and simultaneously write down our EBOF website where the rest of us hang out, leave it on their car and hell, who knows, maybe they'll sign up here and everything would snowball from there.

I tell anyone I can as much about my SHO when people comment or ask me about it, especially when I'm at my local dealership..... i make it a point to say "Hey there's a lot of us that hang out on EBOF, you should check us out sometime and sign up".

Hey, I did better than that, I went to talk to a guy in the parking lot of a bank and it happened to be a guy that I had waived on the highway 2 weeks ago. I had made him open his window to inform him that his peeling chrome was under warranty... So when I saw him again in the parking, he remembered me and from there I invited him to join the forum etc. He seemed really interested and I couldn't resist to tease him with a Livernois upgrade... lol

So, maybe we will have a new member from Quebec shortly... Hopefully! Not a lot of new SHo owners here in Quebec...

Archived