Ecoboost Owner Forums

Intermittent Slow acceleration issues

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just got home this morning. I ended up rescheduling for Friday and on my way home last night I found out there were tornado's touching down around my home town and LOTS of hail so i decided to turn around crash at a friends house. I was much happier with my experience at this dealership. The tech's seemed like they were knowledgeable and just overall more pleasant to talk to. They basically told me the same thing about the oil. It was normal. I was going to get the knock sensor readings but honestly I don't think that's the issue and myself and the tech I was talking with decided that I should just keep driving it for now and see if any DTC's pop up or things progressively get worse. I will say it seemed to drive a bit better on the trip over there Friday, but it still doesn't pull as hard as it previously was when I accelerate to pass someone. I've got a bit left on my bumper-to-bumper warranty and plenty on my power-train warranty so I'm not terribly worried. Also, the Ford dealership I bought it from gave me a 3-year/100,000 mile warranty that covers 50% of parts/labor for any repairs and they are a very reputable dealership so If something worse arises I will just take it there. Only reason I didn't go there to begin with is because it's a good 4 hour drive.

That was the same here. I have Premium Care and my concern was noted in the system, so the dealer said to just ask them to check for external turbo leaks and excessive oil in the intake / inlet each time I bring it in for service. I am going to log my knock counts using my iTSX today just for kicks. No power loss problem here, but I have checked the knock sensor wires either.....

My wires were not chaffed but I still wrapped them with Gorilla tape to make sure they were not touching the metal and it seemed to help. So I can't say 100% but even if they are not chaffed they may be conducting some current if they are touching the head..just FYI.

Yeah, I am going to just keep a close eye on things. I am going to buy a MyCal programmer and tunes from Livernois pretty soon(almost my birthday) :) and do some data logging before i load up any custom files to the PCM. I am also going to take the time to wrap those wires properly so i don't have to worry about them chaffing, as I don't think they are chaffed at all as of now.

Ugh. Went to take the car to the carwash today and before I left I noticed they $@$! up one of my rims when they installed the new tires. I realized stuff happens, but it looks like they tried to buff it out. What pisses me off the most is they said nothing when I picked up the car.....

Ahh, damn! That's the shits. I hate leaving my vehicle anywhere because you can never trust them and they are rarely as careful as they would be with their own vehicle. I have a scrape on the suede on my drivers side seat from bringing it to the first dealership I had it at last week. I had just gone through and thoroughly cleaned and put 303 Fabric Guard on them a few days before too...

Man, sorry to hear (and see) the damage...I'd be upset too. It could be that whoever did the damage never told the service manager about it, so he (or she) won't get into trouble...hope you can get it repaired or replaced without too much of a hassle from them. Keep us updated.

Back to the original topic at hand....from what I went through there shouldn't be any oil in the intake at all....you probably have a leaking turbo. There is a non-servicable gasket inside the turbo that goes bad and leaks oil. From what I gathered from EcoBrick Bob, that intake pipe should be bone dry. I bet if you take a look underneath at your turbo's you'll find one that has external leakage as well.

Can you file a complaint with Ford? (darn, I can't remember which dept.) But if you have the backing of your dealer, you might be able to get more aggressive action if you file a formal complaint. With a formal complaint you can go into more detail about the problem, with someone who can make the decision to go over the engineers heads, I know sometimes dealing with the engineers they think they know everything anc can't be wrong. Hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Ok fellas I did so google searches in regards to turbo oil leaks and oil in the intake tract, and from what I have read some oil is normal. Oil in the intake system can come from the crank case ventilation also. There many forums out there that many people are concerned with this issue as well, but from what I see some is normal. If running thru a quart of oil a month and blow smoke out your exhaust, then you have problem. Now don't get me wrong I am not trying state any of this is fact, this is just what I took away with me from what I read.

For about the last week now my car has been running much better. I am not 100% sure, but I'm thinking maybe I got some bad gas. I was buying ONLY Shell V-Power 91 Octane Premium fuel from the same station every time. I have since been switching between BP and Tesoro and the car has been running much better. I did get Shell in a different town one day and it didn't seem to bother. I'm considering going back to the station I was originally buying at to see if the problem shows up again, but am a little afraid to try it. I'm just hoping thats what the problem was and that it doesn't show up again.

On another note, a day or two ago, I was out for a cruise and went WOT from 65-110ish and then let off to drop back to 65 and I noticed the transmission 'hung' in the gear it was in and like hesitated before it finally shifted up to a higher gear. Not sure what that was all about.

• 3 months later...

Archived