Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois Stage 3, Airaid CAI and Corsca Exhaust all installed.

All I can say is wow. These mods have really woken this car up. I goosed it with one hand on the wheel and found my self placing the second hand on it real quick like. :tongue: The engine note is awesome also. Thanks a lot Rick for working with my mechanic and ironing out the install. Now my next mod... next week will be a trans cooler which I'm sure I'll need.

One quick question, what is everyone doing with the 2010-2012 brake system? Are there any really good systems out there yet? :ear:

Does anyone know if the 4+ tune is much different from stock when not WOT? I like to get after it when I have a good reason, but I also don't mind casually cruising around the other 95% of the time.

Also, does anyone have a dyno printout showing an SHO stock vs 4+? I've seen Bob's for the flex, but I haven't been able to track one down for the SHO.

Don;t have any dyno information but from "seat of the pants" feeling, the car seems fairly stock in non-aggressive driving. I have experienced a slight increase in mileage with the Stage 4+. I have nothing negative to say about the 4+ other then knowing it is there, it is hard to keep from wanting to plant my right foot on regular occasions. However, I think you will have to be patient about getting a tune, because I believe no one has yet broken the code on the '13's to install the tune. I can tell you that I can't imagine going back to a stock car, I really, really like the improvement the tunes have made with the car.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Does anyone know if the 4+ tune is much different from stock when not WOT? I like to get after it when I have a good reason, but I also don't mind casually cruising around the other 95% of the time.

Also, does anyone have a dyno printout showing an SHO stock vs 4+? I've seen Bob's for the flex, but I haven't been able to track one down for the SHO.

Here is a SHO stock vs. 4+. This car baselined high in my opinion. But it was the same car the same day.

stkvs4sho.jpg

-Rick

Wow! That's what I have been looking for! And that's stock, no exhaust no intake! Not bad at all!

Rick, can I run the 4+ in Utah, we only get 91 octane here?

Hello,

The 4+ needs at least 93 octane. You would have to run the stage 2 or 3 with 91 octane.

We're getting pretty close to having 2013 tuning available.

Thank you,

Rick

Hello,

The 4+ needs at least 93 octane. You would have to run the stage 2 or 3 with 91 octane.

We're getting pretty close to having 2013 tuning available.

Thank you,

Rick

WHOA! This lil tid bit of news bears repeating!

Anyone else besides me notice the red lettering ?

Looks like all of you 2013 folks will be in the LMS mix pretty damn soon!

:whoo:

Nice!!! 2013 coming soon!!!

But that's a bummer, no 4+ without 93 octane. I thought the lower octane is relative to the high elevation...So essentially 91 octane in Utah (4500 ft) is similar to 93 at sea level? Does that have any bearing on the tune? Basically, the altitude makes for a less aggressive tune by nature (high elevation = less oxygen = less power)? My logic is probably way off, and I don't want to do anything risky, but the thought of not being able to run the 4+ is killing me!

What about using an octane boost product?

Either way, exciting news on the tune coming soon!!! Thanks Rick!

The stage 2&3 graphs will look the same.

Here is a graph showing stage 2 compared to stock. Ignore the spike in the beginning of the graph. Blue is stock, red is tuned.

Stage2tune.jpg

-Rick

I know the blue lines are stock; but why 2 sets of blue / red?

Would a person "feel" this type of gain?

And if stage 2 and 3 would read the same, what is the difference between the stages? As I'm thinking of getting a tune from Livernois, but can't run the 4 b/c we only have 91 octane. So I could run 3, but if 3 and 2 are the same hp, why run 3?

As was explained to me by Rick, Stage 2 has reduced torque management (as does 4+) and Stage 3 has removed torque management. So 2 and 4+ would shift firmer than stock but not as firm as Stage 3. Aside from the torque management Stages 2 and 3 are identical. Stage 4+ is more aggressive and requires the higher octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strictly my guesswork here but I would say not any easier on the engine but perhaps easier on the tranny. Since LMS seems to have adopted the reduced rather than removed torque control shifting for the latest (stage 4+) tune it might indicate they have a preference for that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top lines are TORQUE... Bottom lines POWER.

You might be able to run 4+ if you were always over 5,000 ft altitude, but if you ran it with 91 at lower altitudes, at some point it would cause problems. Always best to stay on the safe side.

Are there any high altitude guys that hang out here that can share some real world experience? It seems that you guys are all at or near sea level. Now that the 2013 tune is out I will give Rick a call and see what it all means.

I'm really stoked to throw a tuner on my 13, but I admit that the lack of high altitude customers scares me a little. With it being an email tune, I worry that real-world experience might show that the tune needs to be adjusted for my altitude. Along these lines, is anyone using a tuner that logs the cars sensor readings? A/F, tranny temps, etc??? I guess I would feel a lot better if an iTSX unit for instance would show that the tune was keeping everything in check even at the higher altitude.

Also, I really do not want to pit LMS and Unleashed against each other, so I will delicately try to ask here for user feedback on using their tunes. I have read everything that I can on here, but it seems like EBB is the only one who has run both? Has anyone run both on the SHO?

I think I'll start a new thread to get some high-altitude specific user info. Man this site is great!!!

The SCT 3000 that many of us use for our 2010-2012 EB engines allows for logging. Unfortunately, at this time the SCT tuner won't tune the 2013's, though it shouldn't be too long before that option is available. There are also other devices that can show A/F and other things that you can read in real time, or log.

Since the air is thinner (less oxygen) at higher altitudes, engines will always run rich if tuned identicallly to lower alt. The ECM can adjust for this to a point, especially in our engines as they have wide band sensors on both banks. When you are logging, it shows up as Lambda and is a decimal relative to 14.7. The max you want to see is around .80-.82 with turbocharged engines.

I'm sure Livernois or Torrie has experience with altitude, and can tell you how their tunes react to high altitude situations.

There are several others, including Ben (Fish Rising) & Red Candy SHO, that have run both besides me.

Honestly, in daily driving & spirited street driving, both Livernois and Torrie's internet mail order basic tune packages feel and react similarly. Both are excellent, equally safe and reliable.

Archived