Ecoboost Owner Forums

What's your average MPG

Stock 2011 w/PP I get 19-21mpg mostly freeway. Though I may also do triple digits depending on traffic...... Cars currently at a dealership to get any TSB's done on it that correspond to my experiences with the car the past 3 weeks or so that I've owned it and to have them check the knock sensor wires. Then we'll be back to running Torrie's tunes.

I got better MPG stock than with LMS STAGE 4+. Stock w/AIRAID CAI & w/PP MPG was 17-18 city, 26 hills of GA HWY- 28/29 the flats of FLA., 21-22.8 comb. LIVERNOIS stage 4+ w/AIRAID CAI & w/PP MPG was 16-17 city, 25hills of GA HWY- 25/26 the flats of FLA., 19.5-20.8 comb. BUT MY 1/4mi MPG stay at 16mpg and my times were 13.7sec stock @95deg to 13.040sec LMS 4+@95deg I'LL TAKE THAT. "I FELL THE NEED FOR SPEED"

Just got home from my first "Long" trip with the 2010 SHO/non PP of 2100 miles round trip. From Detroit to Myrtle Beach an back running 89/93 with ACC set at 73 running AC all the way I got 27.5 on computer and better than 28.5 on paper. I think leaving car running for the wife and kids "AC" cost me on computer. But it was HOT outside the whole way their and back don't think it dropped below 92 out the entire week. Car ran like a trouper no issues at all an I had just got her back from dealership a couple of hours before we left, they replaced the front cat. Must be some issues with them because they are on back order and when the dealership checked for them their were only TWO in the U.S. one in New York an one in Florida. I think they disconnected my Battery because I lost my presets and car acted different for a while. But no worries all is right now.

Just got home from a 1244 mile roundtrip to the Michigan U.P. 80% of trip was 4 lane, 65 mph (running 7-8 over)and the remainder 2 lane rural and urban. 26.4 mpg using 93 octane. Very happy with that and the SHO's comfort, nav, audio and occasional massage (seats).

I encountered a few 2010-2012 SHO's, the most notable a blacked-out '10-'12 southbound on MI-77, just about in the middle of no-where, south of Grand Marais, MI.

A guy in a nice repainted GM '90's pickup asked me inside a roadside small grocery in Gulliver, MI, "Is that your car out the there (only other vehicle in the lot). "What is it?...Very nice!"

Love my SHO!

I drove "Blu" to Alabama a couple months back. Had my wife, the two mini me's and a full trunk. I set my cruise at about 78 with the air set at a cool 72. My pretty lead sled turned in 28.8 mpg there and 28 on the return trip using 91 to 93 octane. After owning a 05' Chrysler 300C that at its best gave me 24.1, I'm very happy with my big ole Ford.

I drove "Blu" to Alabama a couple months back. Had my wife' date=' the two mini me's and a full trunk. I set my cruise at about 78 with the air set at a cool 72. My pretty lead sled turned in 28.8 mpg there and 28 on the return trip using 91 to 93 octane. After owning a 05' Chrysler 300C that at its best gave me 24.1, I'm very happy with my big ole Ford.[/quote']

Where you going down hill both ways?! lol

I have never broke 25 mpg, and the only time I broke 24 mpg was driving under 70. If I set the cruise at 78 I get about 22.5; what am I doing wrong?! Must be the slight climb in the mountain passes.

Just updating this thread, since I changed to Royal Purple with the Stage 4+ tune, I have been averaging 25-27 mpg. This is all local driving with some mountains. I have not had a chance to do any highway driving, but expect to see a mileage increase in that driving. The local driving has been done with a fairly light throttle, but I am really pleased with the mileage I am seeing.

• 3 months later...
Just picked up a 2010 with 35' date='000 miles and I'm trying hard to get good gas millage but so far I'm only able to get 18mpg combined city and highway. Do these cars have carbon buildup issues? I'm wondering if an intake cleaner or something would help.[/quote']

That's about all I get too in a 50/50 of city/high driving in 26 mile trip to and fro to work.

Yes they do carbon up pretty good. Also keep in mind these motor are direct injected so conventional treatments dont do anything to clean valves. Checkout 3m's fuel system treatment for about $40 or see your dealer for B&G treatment for $140. 3m has video on YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Getting ~14 local and 23 hwy. Major disappointment vs what I'm reading. I run 93 oct. Best I ever got was 17 local but i HAD ADDED amsoil octane boost because I could only get reg 87 after Sandy. Still the octane would have been ~92 since the boost was good for ~7pts. Suggestions?

Winter time is the worst time of year to gauge gas milage, the cold is one reason and two winter mix is the worst. Also to you octane booster, it is capable of raising up to 7 tenths of 1 full point. It is common trickery amongst almost all octane booster additives, but nothing that comes in a 12oz bottle can do this. Torco is a product that can but not sure if its still around after being caught for 20 million dollars in tax fraud.

Archived