Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Suspension - Specifically Springs

The first thing I want to do to my car is get it lowered. The dealership I purchased it from has been doing some research and has reached out to LMS and other shops and from what they were told the Eibach springs for the 2010-2012 will not work on the 2013. I know LMS has lowered their 2013 with the H&Rs but I don't want to quite go that low. Does anyone know what is different about the 2013 that would cause the Eibach springs not to work? I understand they changed the springs and struts/shocks but did they re-engineer/change the design any that would cause them not to work and in that case how do the H&Rs work but the Eibachs don't?

Something doesn't quite add up. If the HR's work as they've been proven to, the Eibach's should work. Ford didn't rengineer the spindle, strut, shock tower design. I have a 2012 with PP with Eibach's. The 2012's supposedly have stiffer springs & thicker swaybars. I would expect the 2013's to be exactly the same.

Something doesn't quite add up. If the HR's work as they've been proven to' date=' the Eibach's should work. Ford didn't rengineer the spindle, strut, shock tower design. I have a 2012 with PP with Eibach's. The 2012's supposedly have stiffer springs & thicker swaybars. I would expect the 2013's to be exactly the same.[/quote']

That's what I was thinking too but they said LMS told them that too. Rick, can you chime in on this one? I was guessing that maybe their(Eibach's) catalog isn't updated yet stating that the Eibachs fit the 2013 and therefor everyone is stating they won't fit but I checked Eibach's website and they have the 2013 Mustang updated but they don't have the 2013 SHO listed. I'm puzzled as well, doesn't seem to make since.

To my knowledge the H&R's and Eibachs both work. We've only installed H&R's but no reason the Eibachs shouldn't.

Rick

Thanks Rick. It didn't make sense to me why one would work and the other not but I wanted to get further confirmation from those who have worked on it. Thanks again.

Archived