Ecoboost Owner Forums

A few minor mods

OK...I'm three months into my new SHO and since the day I got it I wanted to do some minor mods to the looks to differentiate it a little more from a base Taurus. Since I didn't want it to be too "in your face" I went with dark (more medium) grey hood stripes, and just plastidipped the grille razor bars and the side vents. I think it's subtle enough, but still noticeable.

I may look to cover up the "Taurus" on the side vents if I don't get the 2013 side vent mod. Comments? I feel like it still needs something. I am experimenting with the Plastidip Smoke and if I get something I like I may try the grille chrome. But so far my tests have not excited me.

Thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]623[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]624[/ATTACH]

post-300-142532293628_thumb.jpg

post-300-142532293631_thumb.jpg

post-300-142532293628_thumb.jpg

post-300-142532293631_thumb.jpg

Looks good, I don't know if I'd cover the Taurus on the vents...tried painting mine but wasn't pleased with the results. And I am still undecided about the 13 vents..can't decide if I like them on my red car or I like the stock ones better.

Looking good, id recommend some door handle stripes. They make the lines pop more. I have a silver and i put black stripes in the handles so you might want to look for grey or white to keep your colors matching. Another quick good mod is to paint your calipers you accessory color. (i mean that my car is silver and i have accent mods {hood strips, door strips, and calipers} all painted black)

Well done! I love the front grille like that. I will do that on mine too before the winter. I had bought 20's mags for the winter last winter, but they are too shinny for my taste (too rapper bling bling). But the deal was very good and I couldn't pass on the offer. So, I have the project to plastidip them and at the same time I will do the front grille. Still not sure if I want it like yours or all of it... Also considering to do like yours but also paint tuxedo black the rest of the front grille that you left

in chrome... Still 5 months to think. Good job on yours!

Archived