Ecoboost Owner Forums

Window Tint on a Candy Red

Am I wrong or was factory window tint not available on the SHO. That seems a bit strange seeming as almost every car I see on the lots today has tint. Anyway, I need to get some tint and was wondering what everyone has been using. If anyone has a picture of a candy red tinted out I would love to see it.

David

All of the Taurus's have uv blocker between the two pieces of glass. But if there is tint on the cars on the lot, it was installed there.

I am using Llumar ceramic tint all around, and Llumar air blue on the windshield and sunroof. This is on a white car though.

"MBC Mobile Window Tinting" sure sounds like a place with a mobile tinting trailer that comes to your home or place of business and tints windows on-site. Also, you can see the slight bubbling around the Carlite logo text so I'd say this is aftermarket tint.

-Rod

Yeah I couldn't find an option for tint on Ford's sites either. No matter, I have an appt for the 8th. Can only go 35% on front windows in missouri and will probably go 15% in back. 5% seems a little dim to me from inside the car, plus the kids might want to see out:) Thanks for all the responses.

It seems to me that I remember reading somewhere in one of the Ford publications, that the windows are tinted in the car, I know mine do have some tint, they are not clear. Mind you, they are not dark like Livernois's SHO or some of the others here, but there is some tint of the windows from the factory.

Archived