Ecoboost Owner Forums

SHO lover getting ready to make an Ecoboost the FIFTH one!

jim1274

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[ATTACH=CONFIG]799[/ATTACH]

Is that an ACTUAL SHO in YOUR garage?

Is it yours?

If so, CONGRATS!

I should've threatened to close this thread 11 pages ago to entice a faster sale.

Bwhahahahahaha..... in all seriousness though, COngrats there Jim :thumb:

Welcome back to the SHO family :car:

So.. the STRIPPER 2012... Musta gotta betta deal... Now call Rick and head up to Milan Speedway on Thursday, and he'll likely install the tune on the spot!

I lied... I like Silver... if you put a BLACK top on it like Mike!

I am getting depressed... WOULD SOMEBODY ELSE START TRYING TO BUY A CAR!!!!!

Is that an ACTUAL SHO in YOUR garage?

Is it yours?

If so, CONGRATS!

I should've threatened to close this thread 11 pages ago to entice a faster sale.

Bwhahahahahaha..... in all seriousness though, COngrats there Jim :thumb:

Welcome back to the SHO family :car:

I knew waiting until July 9th to get the red 2010 was not an option without being banned or defrocked....

Car exceeded my expectations. Only drove the 30 or so miles home so far and only found one thing I did not like (suede seat backs are hot), other than the two holes in the bumper to mount an unnecessary license plate bracket that will drive me nuts until you guys tell me best way to fix. Why dealers do that before deemed necessary escapes me. The lighting thing when you open the doors is pretty neat...probably a lot more I will discover yet...

So.. the STRIPPER 2012... Musta gotta betta deal... Now call Rick and head up to Milan Speedway on Thursday, and he'll likely install the tune on the spot!

I lied... I like Silver... if you put a BLACK top on it like Mike!

I am getting depressed... WOULD SOMEBODY ELSE START TRYING TO BUY A CAR!!!!!

Yeah, the loaded 13 just did not seem to be worth the extra 9500 bucks. That nice red 2010 I was trying to buy is still available--PM me if anybody is looking--would have been taking a pic of that Saturday to post if not for the tile not being ready yet.

Hmmm...where is Milan speedway? I am game....

I have to be in Wisconsin early on Friday, or I would be there. Would have over 300 miles after the trip to Milan (232 miles) and headed toward break-in! Guess I better read the manual on break-in period for the SHO--the SRT8 break-in is only 600 miles which seems low to me--approaching halfway point on that one.

This could be headed for trouble....

Marked the October 25 session in my calendar.

Big Decision for you... Livernois vs Torrie Tunes. Or.. better yet' date=',, buy both tune packages![/quote']

Good thing I bough the stripper car to have dry powder for the extras--$9500 in theory in the bank from the savings over the loaded '13. I am afraid to start perusing the mod threads...

Congrats on the new purchase...details on the car!

Base stripper 2012. Beginner's SHO....a clean slate for mods?

thanks for sticking with me--thought I had lost everyone from this dragging out so long.

I went out in the garage to look at it 4 times tonight. Did not do that once with the SRT8 Challenger scored a few weeks ago--more excited on the SHO for some reason than even that car--never really expected that. The SHO was $15000 to the penny cheaper than the SRT8--the SHO is a lot more car for the money I am thinking. Heck, it even has a power passenger seat that the SRT8 lacks. Only wish I had bought a SHO back in '10 when they came out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well......

Jim's officially had a SHO now for just shy of one month.

But yet, no pictures, no updates :noidea:

No activity either since 06/25/12..... y'all think he's just enjoying his SHO that much that he can't post?

Uh...sorry....for some reason I did not get or missed the email notice of new posts in the thread.

Pictures did not seem worth the bandwidth--just your standard basic stock SHO.

Hmmm...update...that would be pretty lame to this point. Only have about 400 miles so far, so not much to report yet. Almost all the "family" driving this summer has been in the wife's SRT8 scored just before the SHO. EVERY time we go somewhere I say "wanna take the silver car instead?". I am batting zero except for one cruise when rain was expected so She did not want hers to get dirty. Pretty lame, eh?

That said, I do like the car, in many respects more than her Dodge. I am sure a tune will be in my future, but thought best to at least get a few hundred more break-in miles first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have gone dark for a while but still out there.....

Been struggling with the audio system upgrade and yet to make a final decision. The full blown upgrade price tag is up to about $4500, which does not seem worth it to me.

Love the car and have almost 3000 miles on it now, just very sorry I did not buy the loaded 2013 instead of the stripper 2012. That is easy to remedy....at a price....

Have the Livernois tune package with NAV module sitting on the shelf ready to install, but am glad now it is not in as the car is going to the dealer tomorrow for the 12B36 recall--who knows what they would say if there is a fan problem and they discovered I had applied the tune program?

Anyway, the fact that I would contemplate getting another SHO already says it all--great car! I will NEVER buy a stipper again though!!!! I am a dumb ass.

• 10 months later...

Getting ready to trade my stripper 2012 in on a loaded 2014 due to generous rebates currently available. Anybody had recent buying experience with the current incentives? Pretty amazing 2014 model year rebates of 3750 plus 750 plus 1000 if I am reading it right on ford.com. Just wondering if dealers are giving aggressive discounts on top of this? Anybody getting under invoice--wondering if they are still giving up some holdback with incentives this big on current model year cars? Anybody know if there are any hidden factory-to-dealer incentives? The rebates on the '13's are not much bigger than the '14 which makes me think there are hidden incentives on a 2013. The 2013 would seem to be not competitive on pricing unless there is some "catch".

Archived