Ecoboost Owner Forums

Forgestar F14's with Nitto Invo's 275/40-20

Sorry for all the questions - I'm curious why you went with 42 offset in the front and 36 in the rear. Seems from BPD's setup and those running spacers that there is more room in the rear to the wheel arch than in the front.

BPD wheels are stagger by rim width, 9" in front and 10" in the rear. If I am not mistaken, so no spacers just different sized tires front and rear. But I caution you to do your home work if you plan to do a staggered wheel set up. Tire diameters have to be with in a certain spec of each other, example a 245-45-20 and a 255-45-20 you would think the only thing differs between these to tire sizes is the width. But this isn't necessarily true, it depends on tire manufacture. Diameters change when increasing width, and this why I say to do your home work the AWD drive system only allows for a small difference between tire diameters. Its something most people arent aware of until the have a blow out and take to a tire shop and your told you have to replace all your tires.

Correct! Doing you homework when it pertains to AWD's systems and staggered sets are a MUST!

That being said, my front's are actually 8.5's and the rear's are 10's. Both at a 40mm offset.

More info can be found in my thread on my staggered wheel set up (along with pics).

Good luck :thumb:

Yep! I'm aware of staggered requirements on awd vehicles...I drive a wrx now. I'm planning 8.5 in the front and 10 in the rear same as bpd with a bit lower offset up front so it's more flush. Nothing set in stone yet of course since I don't own a SHO - that's still a few months out. Just research at this point.

Archived