Ecoboost Owner Forums

Remote windows

Hi guys, need some help I have a 2010 and i have tried to 5 sec hold down on the unlock button on the remote but the windows or the sunroof don't open. My friend has a 2011 and his works fine. It says it has it in the 2010 owners manual but can't get mine to work. Can u guys please try yours and post some replys so if I have to, I can take my car back to ford to get this fixed. THANKS.......

Just checked the owner's manual, and you only have to depress the unlock for more then 2 seconds to activate the feature. If your's is not working, first make sure the Accessory Delay is NOT activated, and if still does not work, check with the dealer, someone may have had this feature deactivated, the dealer will be able to reactivate it if that is the case.

Good point' date=' I believe you have to hit the button twice and hold on the second time, I know mine works, just haven't used it for a while.[/quote']

This is why I read this forum. I learn somethink new every week. I try the remote window work just great. Only got the car for sport/performance never read the luxury option list, the only optional package I have is the S12 PP. So I like that I have remote window and that why I love EBForum. You guys rock! ;)

This is why I read this forum. I learn somethink new every week. I try the remote window work just great. Only got the car for sport/performance never read the luxury option list' date=' the only optional package I have is the S12 PP. So I like that I have remote window and that why I love EBForum. You guys rock! ;)[/quote']

Your welcome shoman04, I didnt know about this and im sure theres plenty of people on this forum that didnt know about this either. I was just trying to find out if this was a 2011 thing but i guess it works on 2010's also. So back to the dealer for me to get mine activated. Thanks for the repys guys.

On my 2010 MKS' date=' you just press and hold - you do not need to hit it twice. Nice feature that I forget about all the time, and only remember after I am sweating inside a hot car trying to cool it off.[/quote']

You are correct, after checking the manual, you do not have to hit it twice, just press and hold...I had to check the manual, because I don't use if very often...I discovered it by accident, when I pressed and held the unlock button, only to find windows down and roof open!

On my 2010 MKS' date=' you just press and hold - you do not need to hit it twice. Nice feature that I forget about all the time, and only remember after I am sweating inside a hot car trying to cool it off.[/quote']

I love it, Started use it right of way. It keeps the old lady from have to git in a hot car and keeps household happy. When ever the other woman makes the #1 woman happy it's all good.

Archived