Ecoboost Owner Forums

H&R spring install / gains

Paulford8

I helped my mechanic friend install mine and we used his lift and a long vertical jack stand device to compress where needed.

I've had my H&R's in now for almost 30K and no issues whatsoever. Love the drop too!

Still a virgin when it comes to track time, so no clue on if there were any "gains" as you say, by installing them.

I helped my mechanic friend install mine and we used his lift and a long vertical jack stand device to compress where needed.

I've had my H&R's in now for almost 30K and no issues whatsoever. Love the drop too!

Still a virgin when it comes to track time, so no clue on if there were any "gains" as you say, by installing them.

No track time? Come to Cordova Sunday! A small group of us are going to a track rental there. Sorry had to throw that in. Cordova is probably a haul for you anyway.

Yeah I am just looking at times and cars with my tune, my cold air kit, exhaust, and springs are running 12.7-12.8 on a good run. I have only ran in an 1/8 so Sunday will be my first 1/4 but dont see her breaking 12s as is nor do I see just an exhaust getting 12.8.

I think if nothing else springs help aerodynamics, and if they are stiffer they would help at launch. Just speculating though.

I think its probably good for a couple 10th of second off your 1/4. Last season my best was 13 flat, this season only been out once but was able to break into the 12's. As for your fear the spring compressor you only need to unload the stock spring on the front only. The lowered springs don't need to be compressed to install. The rears you just use a floor jack push the rear control arm back into place.

Archived